Highgate Fun Run organisers bid for 500 to boost baby unit appeal
THE Great Highgate Fun Run is taking place next month to raise money for the Whittington Hospital. Proceeds will go towards the Building for Babies appeal, which will pay for a new neonatal intensive care unit to double the number of sick and premature ba
THE Great Highgate Fun Run is taking place next month to raise money for the Whittington Hospital.
Proceeds will go towards the Building for Babies appeal, which will pay for a new neonatal intensive care unit to double the number of sick and premature babies that can be helped at the Highgate Hill hospital.
At the inaugural Highgate Fun Run last year, 250 runners helped raise £15,000 and organisers are hoping to recruit double that number of runners for this year's event on Sunday October 5.
"This is fast becoming a permanent fixture to north London's summer calendar," said a spokeswoman for the Whittington.
You may also want to watch:
"It promises to be a great Sunday morning's run for all the family, passing Highgate's treasures and around Hampstead Heath."
The 5km route leads over the Heath, winding around Kenwood House before finishing back at the Heath entrance in Merton Lane.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
To register to take part in the run, call 020-7288 5641
or to make a donation visit www.justgiving.com/whittington.
Ham&High reporter Tan Parsons is taking part - follow his battle for fitness in the Ham&High every Thursday.