Highgate drama students in Beauty and the Beast record attempt
- Credit: Archant
Students at Highgate’s Stagecoach drama group had their own fairytale moment last weekend when were part of a record-breaking Beauty and the Beast performance last Saturday at St Michael’s Primary School.
Along with other Stagecoach groups around the world, 33 students took part in the record attempt which commemorated Stagecoach’s 30th birthday.
The record has yet to be validated, but should be formalised in the next few weeks.
It saw over 12,000 children and teenagers simultaneously stage the show.
Anna Milsom, 13, has been attending Stagecoach Highgate for almost a decade. Her mum, Amanda, told the Ham&High: “Most importantly you could see how much the children enjoyed taking part in the show and what a great team they were.”
You may also want to watch:
Odette Garvey, who runs the drama group, said: “It was decided to do Beauty and the Beast because one of Stagecoach’s students - Emma Watson - of course went on to play Belle in the film. The show was a great success and lovely news.”
Haringey councillors Dawn Barnes and Barbara Blake attended the show and acted as the official witnesses for the attempt.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke