Highgate drama students in Beauty and the Beast record attempt
- Credit: Archant
Students at Highgate’s Stagecoach drama group had their own fairytale moment last weekend when were part of a record-breaking Beauty and the Beast performance last Saturday at St Michael’s Primary School.
Along with other Stagecoach groups around the world, 33 students took part in the record attempt which commemorated Stagecoach’s 30th birthday.
The record has yet to be validated, but should be formalised in the next few weeks.
It saw over 12,000 children and teenagers simultaneously stage the show.
Anna Milsom, 13, has been attending Stagecoach Highgate for almost a decade. Her mum, Amanda, told the Ham&High: “Most importantly you could see how much the children enjoyed taking part in the show and what a great team they were.”
Odette Garvey, who runs the drama group, said: “It was decided to do Beauty and the Beast because one of Stagecoach’s students - Emma Watson - of course went on to play Belle in the film. The show was a great success and lovely news.”
Haringey councillors Dawn Barnes and Barbara Blake attended the show and acted as the official witnesses for the attempt.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests