Highgate drama students in Beauty and the Beast record attempt
- Credit: Archant
Students at Highgate’s Stagecoach drama group had their own fairytale moment last weekend when were part of a record-breaking Beauty and the Beast performance last Saturday at St Michael’s Primary School.
Along with other Stagecoach groups around the world, 33 students took part in the record attempt which commemorated Stagecoach’s 30th birthday.
The record has yet to be validated, but should be formalised in the next few weeks.
It saw over 12,000 children and teenagers simultaneously stage the show.
Anna Milsom, 13, has been attending Stagecoach Highgate for almost a decade. Her mum, Amanda, told the Ham&High: “Most importantly you could see how much the children enjoyed taking part in the show and what a great team they were.”
You may also want to watch:
Odette Garvey, who runs the drama group, said: “It was decided to do Beauty and the Beast because one of Stagecoach’s students - Emma Watson - of course went on to play Belle in the film. The show was a great success and lovely news.”
Haringey councillors Dawn Barnes and Barbara Blake attended the show and acted as the official witnesses for the attempt.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 4 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'