Highgate drama students in Beauty and the Beast record attempt
- Credit: Archant
Students at Highgate’s Stagecoach drama group had their own fairytale moment last weekend when were part of a record-breaking Beauty and the Beast performance last Saturday at St Michael’s Primary School.
Along with other Stagecoach groups around the world, 33 students took part in the record attempt which commemorated Stagecoach’s 30th birthday.
The record has yet to be validated, but should be formalised in the next few weeks.
It saw over 12,000 children and teenagers simultaneously stage the show.
Anna Milsom, 13, has been attending Stagecoach Highgate for almost a decade. Her mum, Amanda, told the Ham&High: “Most importantly you could see how much the children enjoyed taking part in the show and what a great team they were.”
You may also want to watch:
Odette Garvey, who runs the drama group, said: “It was decided to do Beauty and the Beast because one of Stagecoach’s students - Emma Watson - of course went on to play Belle in the film. The show was a great success and lovely news.”
Haringey councillors Dawn Barnes and Barbara Blake attended the show and acted as the official witnesses for the attempt.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office