Highgate councillor Sally Gimson makes final shortlist in fight to become Sheffield MP
- Credit: Archant
Camden Labour could lose a council candidate before the election even begins as Highgate councillor Sally Gimson prepares for a final showdown in her bid to become a Sheffield MP.
Last month, the Ham&High revealed Cllr Gimson was hoping to stand as a Labour MP for Sheffield Heeley in next year’s general election and she has now been announced on the final shortlist of candidates.
Cllr Gimson will go up against three other female candidates at a final hustings event for Labour members in Sheffield on Saturday.
Each candidate will have the opportunity to put their case for candidacy in the constituency to party members before they then vote to select the parliamentary candidate they wish to see replace outgoing MP Meg Munn.
If she is successful on Saturday, Cllr Gimson will stand down as a Highgate councillor.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, Cllr Gimson lost out to Cllr Tulip Siddiq in the fight to become Labour’s parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze