Highgate councillor Sally Gimson makes final shortlist in fight to become Sheffield MP
- Credit: Archant
Camden Labour could lose a council candidate before the election even begins as Highgate councillor Sally Gimson prepares for a final showdown in her bid to become a Sheffield MP.
Last month, the Ham&High revealed Cllr Gimson was hoping to stand as a Labour MP for Sheffield Heeley in next year’s general election and she has now been announced on the final shortlist of candidates.
Cllr Gimson will go up against three other female candidates at a final hustings event for Labour members in Sheffield on Saturday.
Each candidate will have the opportunity to put their case for candidacy in the constituency to party members before they then vote to select the parliamentary candidate they wish to see replace outgoing MP Meg Munn.
If she is successful on Saturday, Cllr Gimson will stand down as a Highgate councillor.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, Cllr Gimson lost out to Cllr Tulip Siddiq in the fight to become Labour’s parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics