Highgate councillor Sally Gimson makes final shortlist in fight to become Sheffield MP
- Credit: Archant
Camden Labour could lose a council candidate before the election even begins as Highgate councillor Sally Gimson prepares for a final showdown in her bid to become a Sheffield MP.
Last month, the Ham&High revealed Cllr Gimson was hoping to stand as a Labour MP for Sheffield Heeley in next year’s general election and she has now been announced on the final shortlist of candidates.
Cllr Gimson will go up against three other female candidates at a final hustings event for Labour members in Sheffield on Saturday.
Each candidate will have the opportunity to put their case for candidacy in the constituency to party members before they then vote to select the parliamentary candidate they wish to see replace outgoing MP Meg Munn.
If she is successful on Saturday, Cllr Gimson will stand down as a Highgate councillor.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, Cllr Gimson lost out to Cllr Tulip Siddiq in the fight to become Labour’s parliamentary candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 8 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 9 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins