Highgate composer’s work to be performed for Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate composer’s work will be performed at to the Queen at Windsor Castle at the weekend, to mark the Monarch’s 90th birthday.
Debbie Wiseman MBE, Classic FM’s composer in residence, will be performed live at the event, which runs until Sunday.
Ms Wiseman said: “I feel hugely honoured and hugely privileged to have had the opportunity to write something for an occasion like this.
“Just to be living at the time of our longest serving monarch is celebrating this landmark birthday is lovely.
“To actually be a part of it has been very special and something I’ll treasure.”
More than 900 horses and 1,500 participants from around the world will perform alongside artists such as Dame Shirley Bassey and Andre Botticelli.
Ms Wiseman said: “The idea was for the music to reflect all the different aspects of the Queen and her social engagements. So we have the excitement of Royal Ascot, the tradition of Sandringham, the peaceful retreat of Balmoral and the grace and ceremony of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.”
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
The Queen is due to attend on Sunday and Ms Wiseman, who was awarded an MBE in 2004, is looking forward to meeting with Her Majesty.
Ms Wiseman added: “The Queen was given a CD of the music from the event on her birthday in April, so I’m hoping to ask her what she thought of it on Sunday.”
The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration, an album of Ms Wiseman’s music composed for the event, is released today and a donation from each one sold will go to The Royal Society of Musicians of Great Britain, a charity which helps musicians in need, of which the Queen is patron.
Ms Wiseman said: “I hope people enjoy the celebration and want to take away a memory of the Queen’s 90th birthday.
“For me the album is a lovely souvenir, a memory of a fantastic occasion.”
The celebration will be broadcast live on ITV in a two-hour programme Sunday night.