Highgate composer’s work to be performed for Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate composer’s work will be performed at to the Queen at Windsor Castle at the weekend, to mark the Monarch’s 90th birthday.
Debbie Wiseman MBE, Classic FM’s composer in residence, will be performed live at the event, which runs until Sunday.
Ms Wiseman said: “I feel hugely honoured and hugely privileged to have had the opportunity to write something for an occasion like this.
“Just to be living at the time of our longest serving monarch is celebrating this landmark birthday is lovely.
“To actually be a part of it has been very special and something I’ll treasure.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 900 horses and 1,500 participants from around the world will perform alongside artists such as Dame Shirley Bassey and Andre Botticelli.
Ms Wiseman said: “The idea was for the music to reflect all the different aspects of the Queen and her social engagements. So we have the excitement of Royal Ascot, the tradition of Sandringham, the peaceful retreat of Balmoral and the grace and ceremony of Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
The Queen is due to attend on Sunday and Ms Wiseman, who was awarded an MBE in 2004, is looking forward to meeting with Her Majesty.
Ms Wiseman added: “The Queen was given a CD of the music from the event on her birthday in April, so I’m hoping to ask her what she thought of it on Sunday.”
The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration, an album of Ms Wiseman’s music composed for the event, is released today and a donation from each one sold will go to The Royal Society of Musicians of Great Britain, a charity which helps musicians in need, of which the Queen is patron.
Ms Wiseman said: “I hope people enjoy the celebration and want to take away a memory of the Queen’s 90th birthday.
“For me the album is a lovely souvenir, a memory of a fantastic occasion.”
The celebration will be broadcast live on ITV in a two-hour programme Sunday night.