HGV ban breakthrough for Alexandra residents
Local Liberal Democrats are claiming a campaign victory after Haringey Council approved proposals for an HGV ban and formal consultation on a traffic calming scheme in Alexandra ward. Local residents voted in favour of an HGV ban in a public consultatio
Local Liberal Democrats are claiming a campaign victory after Haringey Council approved proposals for an HGV ban and formal consultation on a traffic calming scheme in Alexandra ward.
Local residents voted in favour of an HGV ban in a public consultation earlier in the year after enduring years of noise and vibrations from large numbers of large vehicles on their streets.
The HGV exclusion area would stretch from Muswell Hill Broadway in the east, to Dukes Avenue in the south, to Alexandra Park Rd/Albert Rd in the north and Crescent Road in the east. The ban does not include Muswell Hill Broadway, Alexandra Park Road, N10 and Durnsford Road.
Cllr Susan Oatway (Alexandra) said: "I want to thank all the residents and local groups, including the Palace Gates and Dukes Avenue Residents' Associations, who have kept up the fight with us to ensure that we can rid our residential streets of the menace of HGVs. This will hopefully bring peace and quiet back to the roads of Alexandra ward."
You may also want to watch:
MP Lynne Featherstone MP described the consultation as a great victory for local residents.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United