HGV ban breakthrough for Alexandra residents
Local Liberal Democrats are claiming a campaign victory after Haringey Council approved proposals for an HGV ban and formal consultation on a traffic calming scheme in Alexandra ward. Local residents voted in favour of an HGV ban in a public consultatio
Local Liberal Democrats are claiming a campaign victory after Haringey Council approved proposals for an HGV ban and formal consultation on a traffic calming scheme in Alexandra ward.
Local residents voted in favour of an HGV ban in a public consultation earlier in the year after enduring years of noise and vibrations from large numbers of large vehicles on their streets.
The HGV exclusion area would stretch from Muswell Hill Broadway in the east, to Dukes Avenue in the south, to Alexandra Park Rd/Albert Rd in the north and Crescent Road in the east. The ban does not include Muswell Hill Broadway, Alexandra Park Road, N10 and Durnsford Road.
Cllr Susan Oatway (Alexandra) said: "I want to thank all the residents and local groups, including the Palace Gates and Dukes Avenue Residents' Associations, who have kept up the fight with us to ensure that we can rid our residential streets of the menace of HGVs. This will hopefully bring peace and quiet back to the roads of Alexandra ward."
You may also want to watch:
MP Lynne Featherstone MP described the consultation as a great victory for local residents.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser