Heroes who helped save bus fire passengers awarded honour
- Credit: Archant
The security guards who stepped in to help passengers off a burning bus have been recognised for their brave actions.
Emilio Garcia, 33, and Marius Asteika, 27, helped control the fire and clear people to safety after the 113 double decker bus caught fire outside Finchley and Frognal Overground station on August 13.
And now the two heroes who work for SQR security have been recognised by their employers. Emilio and Marius were presented with a plaque and individual trophies as a gratitude for their deeds.
Shai Slagter, founder and CEO of SQR group said: “I’m very proud of the boys and how they represented themselves, our company and the site which they secure.
“I know they are well trained and handpicked to provide our clients with the highest level of security.” The quick thinking actions from the JW3 security duo ensured that no one was injured in the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations into the cause of it are still ongoing.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 9 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'