Heroes who helped save bus fire passengers awarded honour
- Credit: Archant
The security guards who stepped in to help passengers off a burning bus have been recognised for their brave actions.
Emilio Garcia, 33, and Marius Asteika, 27, helped control the fire and clear people to safety after the 113 double decker bus caught fire outside Finchley and Frognal Overground station on August 13.
And now the two heroes who work for SQR security have been recognised by their employers. Emilio and Marius were presented with a plaque and individual trophies as a gratitude for their deeds.
Shai Slagter, founder and CEO of SQR group said: “I’m very proud of the boys and how they represented themselves, our company and the site which they secure.
“I know they are well trained and handpicked to provide our clients with the highest level of security.” The quick thinking actions from the JW3 security duo ensured that no one was injured in the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations into the cause of it are still ongoing.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 'She means the world': Councillor's plea to bring home missing cat Evey
- 7 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 8 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 9 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street