Heroes who helped save bus fire passengers awarded honour
- Credit: Archant
The security guards who stepped in to help passengers off a burning bus have been recognised for their brave actions.
Emilio Garcia, 33, and Marius Asteika, 27, helped control the fire and clear people to safety after the 113 double decker bus caught fire outside Finchley and Frognal Overground station on August 13.
And now the two heroes who work for SQR security have been recognised by their employers. Emilio and Marius were presented with a plaque and individual trophies as a gratitude for their deeds.
Shai Slagter, founder and CEO of SQR group said: “I’m very proud of the boys and how they represented themselves, our company and the site which they secure.
“I know they are well trained and handpicked to provide our clients with the highest level of security.” The quick thinking actions from the JW3 security duo ensured that no one was injured in the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations into the cause of it are still ongoing.
- 1 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 4 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 5 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 6 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 7 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station