Hero van driver saves woman from robbers
ROBBERS tried to snatch a necklace from a woman in West Hampstead before a van driver came to the victim s aid. The gang of three approa-ched the 40-year-old in Goldhurst Terrace just after 4pm on Monday and one of the men tried to take her jewellery. A p
ROBBERS tried to snatch a necklace from a woman in West Hampstead before a van driver came to the victim's aid.
The gang of three approa-ched the 40-year-old in Goldhurst Terrace just after 4pm on Monday and one of the men tried to take her jewellery.
A passing van driver stopped to let the victim get into his vehicle but as he tried to escape he crashed into two cars, causing them minor damage.
A 19-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery. He was released on bail to return to police pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The other suspects, who are both black men, made off from the scene.
It is the latest incident of lone women being targeted for their jewellery in the Hamp-stead area. On October 2 at 9.50pm a 43-year-old woman was grabbed by the neck in Platt's Lane and had her rings taken off her fingers.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
Anyone with any information should call 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555 111.