Hero van driver saves woman from robbers
ROBBERS tried to snatch a necklace from a woman in West Hampstead before a van driver came to the victim s aid. The gang of three approa-ched the 40-year-old in Goldhurst Terrace just after 4pm on Monday and one of the men tried to take her jewellery. A p
ROBBERS tried to snatch a necklace from a woman in West Hampstead before a van driver came to the victim's aid.
The gang of three approa-ched the 40-year-old in Goldhurst Terrace just after 4pm on Monday and one of the men tried to take her jewellery.
A passing van driver stopped to let the victim get into his vehicle but as he tried to escape he crashed into two cars, causing them minor damage.
A 19-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery. He was released on bail to return to police pending further enquiries.
The other suspects, who are both black men, made off from the scene.
It is the latest incident of lone women being targeted for their jewellery in the Hamp-stead area. On October 2 at 9.50pm a 43-year-old woman was grabbed by the neck in Platt's Lane and had her rings taken off her fingers.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 7 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Anyone with any information should call 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555 111.