Hero van driver saves woman from robbers
ROBBERS tried to snatch a necklace from a woman in West Hampstead before a van driver came to the victim s aid. The gang of three approa-ched the 40-year-old in Goldhurst Terrace just after 4pm on Monday and one of the men tried to take her jewellery. A p
ROBBERS tried to snatch a necklace from a woman in West Hampstead before a van driver came to the victim's aid.
The gang of three approa-ched the 40-year-old in Goldhurst Terrace just after 4pm on Monday and one of the men tried to take her jewellery.
A passing van driver stopped to let the victim get into his vehicle but as he tried to escape he crashed into two cars, causing them minor damage.
A 19-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery. He was released on bail to return to police pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The other suspects, who are both black men, made off from the scene.
It is the latest incident of lone women being targeted for their jewellery in the Hamp-stead area. On October 2 at 9.50pm a 43-year-old woman was grabbed by the neck in Platt's Lane and had her rings taken off her fingers.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
Anyone with any information should call 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555 111.