Hero Hartson leaves hospital after chemotherapy treatment
Former Arsenal striker John Hartson has been released from hospital after undergoing treatment for cancer. The 34-year-old Welshman, who was one of George Graham s final signings at Highbury, was discharged from the Singleton Hospital in Swansea, after c
Former Arsenal striker John Hartson has been released from hospital after undergoing treatment for cancer.
The 34-year-old Welshman, who was one of George Graham's final signings at Highbury, was discharged from the Singleton Hospital in Swansea, after completing the first stage of chemotherapy. He was diagnosed with testicular cancer in July. It has since spread to his lungs and brain.
A family statement read: "John is glad to be back with his family, and ready to face the next steps in his chemotherapy ... the support of friends and the public has been a huge lift to us all over the last few weeks."
Hartson spent two seasons in north London, after arriving for �2.5 million in January 1995 - then a record for a teenger - and netted 14 times including Arsenal's goal in their 1-2 defeat to Real Zaragoza in the 1995 European Cup-Winners'-Cup final.
You may also want to watch:
He later played for West Ham, Wimbledon, Coventry, Celtic and West Bromwich Albion, before retiring in 2007.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park