Hero Hartson leaves hospital after chemotherapy treatment
Former Arsenal striker John Hartson has been released from hospital after undergoing treatment for cancer. The 34-year-old Welshman, who was one of George Graham s final signings at Highbury, was discharged from the Singleton Hospital in Swansea, after c
Former Arsenal striker John Hartson has been released from hospital after undergoing treatment for cancer.
The 34-year-old Welshman, who was one of George Graham's final signings at Highbury, was discharged from the Singleton Hospital in Swansea, after completing the first stage of chemotherapy. He was diagnosed with testicular cancer in July. It has since spread to his lungs and brain.
A family statement read: "John is glad to be back with his family, and ready to face the next steps in his chemotherapy ... the support of friends and the public has been a huge lift to us all over the last few weeks."
Hartson spent two seasons in north London, after arriving for �2.5 million in January 1995 - then a record for a teenger - and netted 14 times including Arsenal's goal in their 1-2 defeat to Real Zaragoza in the 1995 European Cup-Winners'-Cup final.
You may also want to watch:
He later played for West Ham, Wimbledon, Coventry, Celtic and West Bromwich Albion, before retiring in 2007.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens