Whittington Hospital medical director steps down
- Credit: Archant
A third member of the Whittington Hospital board has resigned in less than a month.
Dr Martin Kuper has stepped down as Medical Director of Whittington Health, it was announced last week.
It follows the shock resignation of the trust’s chief executive, Dr Yi Mien Koh, in March.
News of her departure was shortly followed by the announcement that Sue Rubenstein, who served as a non-executive director and chair of the hospital’s Quality Committee, was also leaving the Trust.
Dr Kuper is to take on the role of Medical Director of the Homerton Hospital NHS, according to board papers released by the hospital last week.
You may also want to watch:
The trust’s interim chief executive, Simon Pleydell, said a temporary replacement would be announced in due course.
Dr Kuper, who is also a consultant intensivist and anaesthetist, joined the Whittington in 2012 and was previously a divisional director and director of research and innovation for two years.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101