Whittington head of nursing collects MBE at Buckingham Palace
- Credit: Archant
The director of nursing and patient experience at The Whittington Hospital was awarded her MBE for services to nursing at Buckingham Palace.
Philippa Davis, who joined the Whittington in 2014, said she was “totally thrilled and excited” by the prestigious accolade.
She said: “I have always been and will continue to be committed to fostering a culture of excellence, professionalism and collaborative working to improve safety, patient and carer experience and quality outcomes.”
“I feel lucky to be part of Whittington Health. I am incredibly impressed and proud to work with the staff and volunteers who provide excellent health care for patients.”
Chairman of the Whittington, Steve Hitchins, said: “Philippa thoroughly deserves this award which celebrates her accomplishments as a nurse and midwife, as well as her work as a Nursing Director, not just for Whittington Health but for numerous other NHS Trusts.
You may also want to watch:
“Philippa is an incredibly enthusiastic clinician and has recently led the Trust through a rigorous Care Quality Commission inspection. Without her leadership and dedication to patients and staff the Trust would not have been able to manage the challenging process so effectively and efficiently.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street