Whittington head of nursing collects MBE at Buckingham Palace
- Credit: Archant
The director of nursing and patient experience at The Whittington Hospital was awarded her MBE for services to nursing at Buckingham Palace.
Philippa Davis, who joined the Whittington in 2014, said she was “totally thrilled and excited” by the prestigious accolade.
She said: “I have always been and will continue to be committed to fostering a culture of excellence, professionalism and collaborative working to improve safety, patient and carer experience and quality outcomes.”
“I feel lucky to be part of Whittington Health. I am incredibly impressed and proud to work with the staff and volunteers who provide excellent health care for patients.”
Chairman of the Whittington, Steve Hitchins, said: “Philippa thoroughly deserves this award which celebrates her accomplishments as a nurse and midwife, as well as her work as a Nursing Director, not just for Whittington Health but for numerous other NHS Trusts.
You may also want to watch:
“Philippa is an incredibly enthusiastic clinician and has recently led the Trust through a rigorous Care Quality Commission inspection. Without her leadership and dedication to patients and staff the Trust would not have been able to manage the challenging process so effectively and efficiently.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83