The Whittington and Royal Free to cancel appointments during junior doctor strikes
- Credit: PA WIRE
Both hospitals will re-schedule appointments ahead of the planned five-day strike next week
The Whittington Hospital said it will have additional consultants, specialist nurses and pharmacy staff in the emergency department to minimise waiting times.
The hospital will be contacting patients to reschedule non-urgent services and asks anyone with an appointment or operation scheduled during the planned strike action to be in touch.
The Royal Free said it would be contacting patients whose treatment is affected, although it is trying to keep cancellations to a minimum.
A Royal Free spokeswoman said: “The emergency departments (accident and emergency units and urgent care centres) in all three of our hospitals will remain open and we will ensure there is appropriate cover in those departments.”
You may also want to watch:
A Whittington spokeswoman said: “We would like to reassure all our patients that we will continue to provide urgent and emergency care throughout these latest planned strikes.
“Throughout the planned industrial action will do our best to minimise waiting time for patients in our emergency department.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
The British Medical Association announced junior doctors will stage a full withdrawal of labour for five days, between 8am and 5pm, September 12-16, as part of a series of strikes.
– If you are a junior doctor with views about the strike action, contact email@example.com