The Whittington and Royal Free to cancel appointments during junior doctor strikes
- Credit: PA WIRE
Both hospitals will re-schedule appointments ahead of the planned five-day strike next week
The Whittington Hospital said it will have additional consultants, specialist nurses and pharmacy staff in the emergency department to minimise waiting times.
The hospital will be contacting patients to reschedule non-urgent services and asks anyone with an appointment or operation scheduled during the planned strike action to be in touch.
The Royal Free said it would be contacting patients whose treatment is affected, although it is trying to keep cancellations to a minimum.
A Royal Free spokeswoman said: “The emergency departments (accident and emergency units and urgent care centres) in all three of our hospitals will remain open and we will ensure there is appropriate cover in those departments.”
A Whittington spokeswoman said: “We would like to reassure all our patients that we will continue to provide urgent and emergency care throughout these latest planned strikes.
“Throughout the planned industrial action will do our best to minimise waiting time for patients in our emergency department.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
The British Medical Association announced junior doctors will stage a full withdrawal of labour for five days, between 8am and 5pm, September 12-16, as part of a series of strikes.
– If you are a junior doctor with views about the strike action, contact firstname.lastname@example.org