The Whittington and Royal Free to cancel appointments during junior doctor strikes
- Credit: PA WIRE
Both hospitals will re-schedule appointments ahead of the planned five-day strike next week
The Whittington Hospital said it will have additional consultants, specialist nurses and pharmacy staff in the emergency department to minimise waiting times.
The hospital will be contacting patients to reschedule non-urgent services and asks anyone with an appointment or operation scheduled during the planned strike action to be in touch.
The Royal Free said it would be contacting patients whose treatment is affected, although it is trying to keep cancellations to a minimum.
A Royal Free spokeswoman said: “The emergency departments (accident and emergency units and urgent care centres) in all three of our hospitals will remain open and we will ensure there is appropriate cover in those departments.”
A Whittington spokeswoman said: “We would like to reassure all our patients that we will continue to provide urgent and emergency care throughout these latest planned strikes.
“Throughout the planned industrial action will do our best to minimise waiting time for patients in our emergency department.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
The British Medical Association announced junior doctors will stage a full withdrawal of labour for five days, between 8am and 5pm, September 12-16, as part of a series of strikes.
– If you are a junior doctor with views about the strike action, contact firstname.lastname@example.org