Royal Free completes ‘biggest development in its history’ with takeover of Barnet and Chase Farm hospitals
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
The Royal Free embarked upon what is called “the biggest development in the history of our organisation” on Tuesday as it completed its takeover of Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals.
The acquisition, which was approved by the Health Secretary last week, will mean the Royal Free now oversees healthcare at three sites.
It comes after Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals Trust revealed in 2012 that it would be unable to meet the deadline set to become an independently-run foundation trust.
A year in the planning, the Royal Free has denied accusations by some campaigners it was only interested in the takeover as part of an “asset-stripping” exercise.
The trust said nearly all patients will continue to be seen in the same location they were seen before and if there are any changes to this, they will be notified.
You may also want to watch:
David Sloman, chief executive of the Royal Free, said: “We believe that by bringing our two organisations together we can provide the very best healthcare for patients across all our sites.
“This is the biggest development in the history of our organisation for 40 years and it is a hugely exciting time for everyone at the trust.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
“I wish to welcome all Barnet and Chase Farm staff to the Royal Free and I want to thank everyone who has worked so hard to ensure this transaction went ahead as smoothly as possible.”