Report expected this month on Jimmy Savile links to Royal Free Hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Health trust chiefs are expected to publish a report this month on the Royal Free Hospital’s links to disgraced television presenter Jimmy Savile after a six-month investigation ordered by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
In November, Mr Hunt named the Royal Free, in Pond Street, Hampstead, as one of 19 hospitals across the country set to be investigated by their relevant health trusts.
The investigations followed an initial 13 inquiries into hospitals believed to have been visited by Savile.
He is thought to have used his position to abuse vulnerable patients, many of them children.
In November, a Royal Free spokesman said: “We have been given information from the Department of Health regarding Jimmy Savile, which we will now thoroughly investigate.
You may also want to watch:
“We will ensure that, if appropriate, any lessons are learned for the future.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 4 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives