Report expected this month on Jimmy Savile links to Royal Free Hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Health trust chiefs are expected to publish a report this month on the Royal Free Hospital’s links to disgraced television presenter Jimmy Savile after a six-month investigation ordered by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
In November, Mr Hunt named the Royal Free, in Pond Street, Hampstead, as one of 19 hospitals across the country set to be investigated by their relevant health trusts.
The investigations followed an initial 13 inquiries into hospitals believed to have been visited by Savile.
He is thought to have used his position to abuse vulnerable patients, many of them children.
In November, a Royal Free spokesman said: “We have been given information from the Department of Health regarding Jimmy Savile, which we will now thoroughly investigate.
You may also want to watch:
“We will ensure that, if appropriate, any lessons are learned for the future.”
- 1 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 2 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 5 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 10 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar