Report expected this month on Jimmy Savile links to Royal Free Hospital
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Health trust chiefs are expected to publish a report this month on the Royal Free Hospital’s links to disgraced television presenter Jimmy Savile after a six-month investigation ordered by Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
In November, Mr Hunt named the Royal Free, in Pond Street, Hampstead, as one of 19 hospitals across the country set to be investigated by their relevant health trusts.
The investigations followed an initial 13 inquiries into hospitals believed to have been visited by Savile.
He is thought to have used his position to abuse vulnerable patients, many of them children.
In November, a Royal Free spokesman said: “We have been given information from the Department of Health regarding Jimmy Savile, which we will now thoroughly investigate.
You may also want to watch:
“We will ensure that, if appropriate, any lessons are learned for the future.”
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 9 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway