Police praised for saving Camden woman’s life
- Credit: Google Street View
Two police officers have been praised for saving the life of a 59-year-old woman in Camden.
The female officers were on patrol at 3.30pm yesterday when they were flagged down by a member of the public who was having difficulty breathing.
The woman then dropped into unconciousness, and stopped breathing.
The officers began CPR with the help of two passing doctors, and also used a defibrillator to help revive her.
She then started breathing on her own again.
She was then taken to hospital for a check-up.
Ins Kevin Hailes from Central North said: “Both the passing doctors and paramedics said that this woman would not have survived were in not for the actions of the passing police officers.
- 1 Dentist guilty of 'attempted sexual communication with a child'
- 2 Mayor of Haringey racially abused after Christmas event
- 3 Henrietta Barnett rated second best state school in the UK
- 4 Rainbow George: Hampstead 'dreamer' dies at 81
- 5 Hornsey Tavern to reopen as Irish sports pub
- 6 Out with Cafe Hampstead... in comes Oak & Poppy
- 7 Piano shop at risk of closure over business rates dispute
- 8 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 9 Primrose Hill: Menorah vandalised in hate crime incident
- 10 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
“They remained calm under pressure to revive this woman and help her recover. Their quick thinking and dedication to serving the public is typical of so many hard working response team officers who work 24/7 shifts and respond to a wide variety of emergency calls everyday.”