Man in his 70s injured in Gospel Oak hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a pensioner was injured in a hit-and-run on Sunday morning.
The man, in his 70s, was crossing Mansfield Road in Gospel Oak at around 10.35am when he was hit by a car.
After hitting the man, at the crossing near the junction with Estelle Road, the driver of the car didn’t stop at the scene.
The car is believed to be a light blue Renault.
The pedestrian was helped by members of the public. He refused medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The area is covered by CCTV, with cameras further down the road.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting 2823 of August 12.
Information can also be reported to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
Do you know the man involved, or did you witness the hit-and-run? Call the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email email@example.com