Man in his 70s injured in Gospel Oak hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a pensioner was injured in a hit-and-run on Sunday morning.
The man, in his 70s, was crossing Mansfield Road in Gospel Oak at around 10.35am when he was hit by a car.
After hitting the man, at the crossing near the junction with Estelle Road, the driver of the car didn’t stop at the scene.
The car is believed to be a light blue Renault.
The pedestrian was helped by members of the public. He refused medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The area is covered by CCTV, with cameras further down the road.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting 2823 of August 12.
Information can also be reported to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
Do you know the man involved, or did you witness the hit-and-run? Call the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org