Man in his 70s injured in Gospel Oak hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a pensioner was injured in a hit-and-run on Sunday morning.
The man, in his 70s, was crossing Mansfield Road in Gospel Oak at around 10.35am when he was hit by a car.
After hitting the man, at the crossing near the junction with Estelle Road, the driver of the car didn’t stop at the scene.
The car is believed to be a light blue Renault.
The pedestrian was helped by members of the public. He refused medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The area is covered by CCTV, with cameras further down the road.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting 2823 of August 12.
Information can also be reported to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
Do you know the man involved, or did you witness the hit-and-run? Call the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org