PCT slammed over 2,500 lost medical records
CAMDEN'S Primary Care Trust (PCT) has had its wrist slapped by data protection officials, after losing computers containing 2,500 medical records including patients names, addresses and diagnoses. Computers containing the personal files left beside a ski
CAMDEN'S Primary Care Trust (PCT) has had its wrist slapped by data protection officials, after losing computers containing 2,500 medical records including patients' names, addresses and diagnoses.
Computers containing the personal files left beside a skip at St Pancras Hospital last August were swiped and never recovered.
The Information Commissioner's Office has looked into the privacy breach and ordered the PCT to remove all personal information from computer equipment in future before it is scrapped.
Mick Gorrill, Assistant Information Commissioner, said: "Over 2,500 individuals may have suffered anxiety as a result of this breach with the worry that their medical records could fall into the wrong hands.
You may also want to watch:
"This incident highlights organisational error and will no doubt damage public trust in the NHS locally."
Chief Executive of the newly-renamed NHS Camden, Rob Larkman, said: "As a result of the incident, we implemented a root and branch review of our procedures and training on data protection and computer disposal which are being introduced to every member of staff at the PCT.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham