Park Road Lido: BBQ, zumba and swimming fun planned for 90th birthday party
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited party to celebrate 90 years of the Park Road Lido takes place this weekend.
The event will see - of course - swimming, along with a BBQ, live music, and stalls from local businesses.
Beginning at 7am on Saturday June 1 with a lane swimming session, and ending twelve hours later, the day is open to members of the Lido and non-members alike.
Will Holmes, who manages the Lido for operator Fusion Lifestyle, said: "The lido's 90th anniversary gives us a great reason to celebrate with our members and local residents.
"The lido has a special place in the community and we're looking forward to welcoming people who love the lido as much as we do."
Lido-goers have been eagerly anticipating marking the milestone, with members of the Park Road Lido User Group researching the pool's history.
You may also want to watch:
Stalwart bather Andy Bellasario told this newspaper: "It's such a beautiful place, I just love swimming with the ducks!"
Peter Sergeant, who suffered a heart attack at the adjacent gym, is another who loves the pool - he has been swimming there since the 1960s.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper