Park Road Lido: BBQ, zumba and swimming fun planned for 90th birthday party
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited party to celebrate 90 years of the Park Road Lido takes place this weekend.
The event will see - of course - swimming, along with a BBQ, live music, and stalls from local businesses.
Beginning at 7am on Saturday June 1 with a lane swimming session, and ending twelve hours later, the day is open to members of the Lido and non-members alike.
Will Holmes, who manages the Lido for operator Fusion Lifestyle, said: "The lido's 90th anniversary gives us a great reason to celebrate with our members and local residents.
"The lido has a special place in the community and we're looking forward to welcoming people who love the lido as much as we do."
Lido-goers have been eagerly anticipating marking the milestone, with members of the Park Road Lido User Group researching the pool's history.
You may also want to watch:
Stalwart bather Andy Bellasario told this newspaper: "It's such a beautiful place, I just love swimming with the ducks!"
Peter Sergeant, who suffered a heart attack at the adjacent gym, is another who loves the pool - he has been swimming there since the 1960s.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep