New boss for cancer charity
A CHARITY in Hampstead which cares for women with breast cancer has announced the appointment of a new chief executive. Cancerkin, based at the Royal Free Hospital in Pond Street has welcomed Victoria Todd, who brings a wealth of charity management experi
A CHARITY in Hampstead which cares for women with breast cancer has announced the appointment of a new chief executive.
Cancerkin, based at the Royal Free Hospital in Pond Street has welcomed Victoria Todd, who brings a wealth of charity management experience.
She said: "I'm delighted to become chief executive of Cancerkin. I have had a personal commitment to women's health over a number of years, and I very much admire the way in which the charity supports women with breast cancer. I look forward to developing its work further with the help and support of the board."
Ms Todd was formerly director of the National Campaign for the Arts and has experience in the world of health. In her last job she was involved in working to stem the spread of HIV and Aids in Africa.
You may also want to watch:
Like many, she is sadly familiar with cancer because she has had friends who have had breast cancer and other forms of the disease.
Cancerkin is currently holding an appeal to raise �1million to develop techniques which will reduce both the physical and emotional effects on sufferers.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52