New boss for cancer charity
A CHARITY in Hampstead which cares for women with breast cancer has announced the appointment of a new chief executive. Cancerkin, based at the Royal Free Hospital in Pond Street has welcomed Victoria Todd, who brings a wealth of charity management experi
A CHARITY in Hampstead which cares for women with breast cancer has announced the appointment of a new chief executive.
Cancerkin, based at the Royal Free Hospital in Pond Street has welcomed Victoria Todd, who brings a wealth of charity management experience.
She said: "I'm delighted to become chief executive of Cancerkin. I have had a personal commitment to women's health over a number of years, and I very much admire the way in which the charity supports women with breast cancer. I look forward to developing its work further with the help and support of the board."
Ms Todd was formerly director of the National Campaign for the Arts and has experience in the world of health. In her last job she was involved in working to stem the spread of HIV and Aids in Africa.
Like many, she is sadly familiar with cancer because she has had friends who have had breast cancer and other forms of the disease.
Cancerkin is currently holding an appeal to raise �1million to develop techniques which will reduce both the physical and emotional effects on sufferers.
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 8 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged
- 9 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 10 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'