Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: West Hampstead mum has furlough from Iranian prison extended, but no clemency decision yet
- Credit: Archant
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s time away from prison during the coronavirus has been extended again, but there has still been no decision on offering her clemency.
Husband Richard confirmed on Tueday morning that Nazanin’s furlough – temporary release – has been extended until the May 20.
Richard tweeted: “Nazanin’s lawyer was today told by the Prosecutors Office that her furlough has been extended for another month until 20 May.
“This is in line with President Rouhani’s announcement. was told that no decision has yet been made on her clemency.
“No change to her ankle tag or its range. Nonetheless, Nazanin is very relieved today.”
Nazanin was first allowed to leave prison on March 17, but she remains confined to with 300m of her parents’ home and must wear an ankle tag.
On Tuesday Nazanin’s MP Tulip Siddiq reacted by saying: “Very happy to hear from Richard Ratcliffe that Nazanin’s furlough has been extended for a month – in line with other prisoners in Iran. Now is the time for our government to do all it can to make it permanent.”
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 4 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 5 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 6 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 7 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 8 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 9 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 10 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'