Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: West Hampstead mum has furlough from Iranian prison extended, but no clemency decision yet
- Credit: Archant
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s time away from prison during the coronavirus has been extended again, but there has still been no decision on offering her clemency.
Husband Richard confirmed on Tueday morning that Nazanin’s furlough – temporary release – has been extended until the May 20.
Richard tweeted: “Nazanin’s lawyer was today told by the Prosecutors Office that her furlough has been extended for another month until 20 May.
“This is in line with President Rouhani’s announcement. was told that no decision has yet been made on her clemency.
“No change to her ankle tag or its range. Nonetheless, Nazanin is very relieved today.”
You may also want to watch:
Nazanin was first allowed to leave prison on March 17, but she remains confined to with 300m of her parents’ home and must wear an ankle tag.
On Tuesday Nazanin’s MP Tulip Siddiq reacted by saying: “Very happy to hear from Richard Ratcliffe that Nazanin’s furlough has been extended for a month – in line with other prisoners in Iran. Now is the time for our government to do all it can to make it permanent.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago