Man critically injured after falling off electric scooter in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man is critically injured in hospital after falling off his electric scooter in Primrose Hill last night.
Officers were called at 11.15pm to Bridge Approach and found him unconscious. The man, in his 20s, was not in collision with any other vehicle or person.
He was flown by London Air Ambulance to hospital, where he is still in a critical condition.
Police have been unable to establish his identity so far. Urgent enquiries are underway to find out who he is, and inform his family.
The crash comes weeks after Youtube star and TV presenter Emily Hartridge was killed on July 13 when she was hit by a lorry when on her scooter in Battersea. A day later a 14-year-old suffered a serious head injury in Beckenham.
You may also want to watch:
The Department of Transport issued fresh warnings after the incidents earlier this month, reminding users that it's illegal to ride electric scooters on public roads and pavements in the UK.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again