Hospitals in running for health science centres
A MEDICAL group – including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals – is in the running to become a leading research centre. UCL Partners, Europe s largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health s shortlis
A MEDICAL group - including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals - is in the running to become a leading research centre.
UCL Partners, Europe's largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health's shortlist of organisations seeking official status as an academic health science centre.
Sir Cyril Chantler, UCLP chairman, said: "Making it onto the shortlist is a boost for our efforts to create Europe's leading health research powerhouse.
"UCLP has the potential to transform healthcare for Londoners, to enhance training for medical students and to undertake ground-breaking research that will benefit patients here and around the world."
You may also want to watch:
A final decision as to which organisations make the cut will be made early next month.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52