Hospitals in running for health science centres
A MEDICAL group – including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals – is in the running to become a leading research centre. UCL Partners, Europe s largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health s shortlis
A MEDICAL group - including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals - is in the running to become a leading research centre.
UCL Partners, Europe's largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health's shortlist of organisations seeking official status as an academic health science centre.
Sir Cyril Chantler, UCLP chairman, said: "Making it onto the shortlist is a boost for our efforts to create Europe's leading health research powerhouse.
"UCLP has the potential to transform healthcare for Londoners, to enhance training for medical students and to undertake ground-breaking research that will benefit patients here and around the world."
You may also want to watch:
A final decision as to which organisations make the cut will be made early next month.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar