Hospitals in running for health science centres
A MEDICAL group – including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals – is in the running to become a leading research centre. UCL Partners, Europe s largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health s shortlis
A MEDICAL group - including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals - is in the running to become a leading research centre.
UCL Partners, Europe's largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health's shortlist of organisations seeking official status as an academic health science centre.
Sir Cyril Chantler, UCLP chairman, said: "Making it onto the shortlist is a boost for our efforts to create Europe's leading health research powerhouse.
"UCLP has the potential to transform healthcare for Londoners, to enhance training for medical students and to undertake ground-breaking research that will benefit patients here and around the world."
A final decision as to which organisations make the cut will be made early next month.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?