Hospitals in running for health science centres
A MEDICAL group – including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals – is in the running to become a leading research centre. UCL Partners, Europe s largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health s shortlis
A MEDICAL group - including the Royal Free and University College London hospitals - is in the running to become a leading research centre.
UCL Partners, Europe's largest academic health science partnership, has reached the Department of Health's shortlist of organisations seeking official status as an academic health science centre.
Sir Cyril Chantler, UCLP chairman, said: "Making it onto the shortlist is a boost for our efforts to create Europe's leading health research powerhouse.
"UCLP has the potential to transform healthcare for Londoners, to enhance training for medical students and to undertake ground-breaking research that will benefit patients here and around the world."
You may also want to watch:
A final decision as to which organisations make the cut will be made early next month.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'