Hospital services could be axed under new proposals
A major Westminster hospital faces losing its A&E, maternity and paediatrics units with these services transferred to another hospital in Paddington.
Proposals to reshape health care in Westminster will be discussed at a public meeting at Westminster Academy in Harrow Road on Monday.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in Knightsbridge faces losing key services, which could be moved to St Mary’s Hospital in Praed Street.
The NHS proposals will be open to consultation until October 8.
They involve downgrading hospitals, moving services and delivering more services outside of hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can respond to the consultation online or by writing to FREEPOST SHAPING A HEALTHIER FUTURE CONSULTATION in capital letters and on one line.
- 1 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 2 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 6 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond