Highgate Society launches informal chatline to tackle Covid isolation
- Credit: Archant
A voluntary organisation in Highgate has set up a helpline for anyone feeling lonely during the coronavirus crisis.
The Highgate Society chatline will welcome calls from anyone feeling isolated who would like an informal chat.
Users should leave a message on the line with their full name and contact details and a volunteer will call them back between 10am and midday on Mondays and Thursdays.
Chair of the society Elspeth Clements said: “What we became aware of is within the lockdown, everybody has been dependant on computers and IT for Zoom or Teams or Skype, and there are those who are unfamiliar with that or don’t have them, who are digitally excluded as we say.
“We are trying to reach those people, that’s important.”
You may also want to watch:
The Highgate Society, which launched the service on May 25, stressed it is not equipped to deal with emergency situations.
Call 020 8058 1112 to access the Highgate Society’s chatline.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals