Catherine West helps open Highgate Counselling Centre’s new offices
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Catherine West was on hand last week to open Highgate Counselling Centre’s new offices, at a packed Highgate Society in Pond Square.
Lois Elliot, director of the centre, said she wanted the relocated service to be “part of the community here and contribute to those who live in Highgate”.
The new offices will be in Highgate High Street, after moving from Muswell Hill at the end of last year.
The invite was particularly relevent to Ms West, who has previously worked with refugee survivors from Kosovo.
She said: “I am a basic counsellor myself and I know how important it is to have wonderful counselling support, as I have watched these refugees grow and have families of their own.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the years the centre has developed the expertise to help people answer these questions. It is so important to have wonderful counselling support and I hope the centre goes from strength to strength.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader