Healthcare charity's appeal as walk passes thorugh Hampstead
A HEALTHCARE charity is looking for walkers from Hampstead and Highgate to join a marathon walk and raise vital funds. Meningitis UK is running its Big 4 Walk as part of its Search 4 A Vaccine campaign, which aims to raise £7million for research into meni
A HEALTHCARE charity is looking for walkers from Hampstead and Highgate to join a marathon walk and raise vital funds.
Meningitis UK is running its Big 4 Walk as part of its Search 4 A Vaccine campaign, which aims to raise £7million for research into meningitis B.
The walk will cover 540 miles in a route the shape of the number four, to highlight the fact that meningitis can kill a victim in less than four hours.
The final day, Sunday October 26, will see volunteers walk from Hayes to Imperial College London, passing through Hampstead on the way.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Dayman, chief executive of Meningitis UK, said: "We would be very grateful if people could join the walk at any stage for any distance. Just one mile would make a difference."
For more details call 0117 373 7373 or visit www.meningitisuk.org
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station