Healthcare charity's appeal as walk passes thorugh Hampstead
A HEALTHCARE charity is looking for walkers from Hampstead and Highgate to join a marathon walk and raise vital funds. Meningitis UK is running its Big 4 Walk as part of its Search 4 A Vaccine campaign, which aims to raise £7million for research into meni
A HEALTHCARE charity is looking for walkers from Hampstead and Highgate to join a marathon walk and raise vital funds.
Meningitis UK is running its Big 4 Walk as part of its Search 4 A Vaccine campaign, which aims to raise £7million for research into meningitis B.
The walk will cover 540 miles in a route the shape of the number four, to highlight the fact that meningitis can kill a victim in less than four hours.
The final day, Sunday October 26, will see volunteers walk from Hayes to Imperial College London, passing through Hampstead on the way.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Dayman, chief executive of Meningitis UK, said: "We would be very grateful if people could join the walk at any stage for any distance. Just one mile would make a difference."
For more details call 0117 373 7373 or visit www.meningitisuk.org
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?