Health map helps people self medicate
Sanchez Manning A MEDICINE map to guide patients to the most suitable treatments for illnesses has been launched. The map is part of NHS Westminster s �90,000 drive to provide better healthcare information. It will be available in GPs surgeries, clinics
A MEDICINE map to guide patients to the most suitable treatments for illnesses has been launched.
The map is part of NHS Westminster's �90,000 drive to provide better healthcare information.
It will be available in GPs' surgeries, clinics and hospitals across the borough.
Chief executive Michael Scott said: "Healthcare is becoming more complex
and these new maps will help doctors
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
and patients by giving them accurate information on the latest treatments and care available.
"With this extra knowledge, patients are given the full picture on their care empowering them to make informed decisions on their treatment.
Through this system, patients can be assured they will get tried and tested information that is reliable."
The first map to be developed is for the chronic lung condition Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Patients can also look at the national care pathways on the NHS choices website - www.nhs.uk - where more than 350 maps covering the most common conditions ranging from eczema to stroke can be viewed.
Further details about the COPD map
can be found at www.healthguides.mapofmedicine.com.