Doctor urges Haringey residents to book second Covid-19 jabs
- Credit: PA
Vaccinators in Haringey are urging local people to take up invites to get a Covid-19 jab.
The clinical lead at a vaccine centre in Bounds Green - which serves the whole of the borough - said it was vital that people didn't hesitate and went to get their jabs.
Dr Marlene Neary, who has been running the centre at the Bounds Green GP practice in Gordon Road, told this newspaper: "It so important that when someone is called to have their vaccine that they book.
"We are finding a lot of people aren't booking for their second one - that's where perhaps we are struggling a little bit.
Dr Neary said at the practice they were running walk-in vaccine clinics for those who had been told to book an AstraZeneca vaccine.
"The really important message is that the second dose increases protection against Covid-19."
Walk-in clinics at the centre are running on Saturday June 26 between 9am and 6pm and Tuesday June 29 between 9am and 5pm.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 2 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 3 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 4 Hundreds march against male violence in Haringey
- 5 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- 8 Mayor lights up 139 bus for Christmas lights campaign
- 9 'Looking for '70s or '80s clothing? Here is a north London gem'
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
"If people have had a text, they should book," she said.
The Bounds Green venue is only offering the AstraZeneca vaccine, other locations around north London are offering the Pfizer jab. For more info about where you can get a vaccine, see this map.
To book a vaccine, the best place to start is at nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination