Doctor urges Haringey residents to book second Covid-19 jabs
- Credit: PA
Vaccinators in Haringey are urging local people to take up invites to get a Covid-19 jab.
The clinical lead at a vaccine centre in Bounds Green - which serves the whole of the borough - said it was vital that people didn't hesitate and went to get their jabs.
Dr Marlene Neary, who has been running the centre at the Bounds Green GP practice in Gordon Road, told this newspaper: "It so important that when someone is called to have their vaccine that they book.
"We are finding a lot of people aren't booking for their second one - that's where perhaps we are struggling a little bit.
Dr Neary said at the practice they were running walk-in vaccine clinics for those who had been told to book an AstraZeneca vaccine.
You may also want to watch:
"The really important message is that the second dose increases protection against Covid-19."
Walk-in clinics at the centre are running on Saturday June 26 between 9am and 6pm and Tuesday June 29 between 9am and 5pm.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 7 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 8 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
"If people have had a text, they should book," she said.
The Bounds Green venue is only offering the AstraZeneca vaccine, other locations around north London are offering the Pfizer jab. For more info about where you can get a vaccine, see this map.
To book a vaccine, the best place to start is at nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination