Firefighters tackle 10th floor fire in Hampstead housing block
- Credit: David Douglas.
Firefighters have battled a blaze at a block of flats in Hampstead.
The London Fire Brigade were called to Cayford House in Lawn Road at 12.17pm to reports of a 10th floor flat on fire.
Videos on social media show flames coming from the balcony of the flat. The block is believed to have been evacuated.
The fire was reported to be out at 1.04pm
No injuries have been reported.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines from West Hampstead and Kentish Town attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is as yet unknown.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Were you affected by the fire? Contact the newsdesk at email@example.com