Firefighters tackle 10th floor fire in Hampstead housing block
- Credit: David Douglas.
Firefighters have battled a blaze at a block of flats in Hampstead.
The London Fire Brigade were called to Cayford House in Lawn Road at 12.17pm to reports of a 10th floor flat on fire.
Videos on social media show flames coming from the balcony of the flat. The block is believed to have been evacuated.
The fire was reported to be out at 1.04pm
No injuries have been reported.
Fire engines from West Hampstead and Kentish Town attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is as yet unknown.
- 1 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 4 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 5 Academy to crack down on 'boisterous' behaviour after inspection
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 'Buying maternity clothes seemed so wasteful': Former fashion editor's mission
- 8 New Wendy's opens its doors in Camden
- 9 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 10 Kentish Town woman wins international cookbook award
Were you affected by the fire? Contact the newsdesk at email@example.com