Firefighters tackle 10th floor fire in Hampstead housing block
- Credit: David Douglas.
Firefighters have battled a blaze at a block of flats in Hampstead.
The London Fire Brigade were called to Cayford House in Lawn Road at 12.17pm to reports of a 10th floor flat on fire.
Videos on social media show flames coming from the balcony of the flat. The block is believed to have been evacuated.
The fire was reported to be out at 1.04pm
No injuries have been reported.
Fire engines from West Hampstead and Kentish Town attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is as yet unknown.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
Were you affected by the fire? Contact the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org