Firefighters tackle 10th floor fire in Hampstead housing block
- Credit: David Douglas.
Firefighters have battled a blaze at a block of flats in Hampstead.
The London Fire Brigade were called to Cayford House in Lawn Road at 12.17pm to reports of a 10th floor flat on fire.
Videos on social media show flames coming from the balcony of the flat. The block is believed to have been evacuated.
The fire was reported to be out at 1.04pm
No injuries have been reported.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines from West Hampstead and Kentish Town attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is as yet unknown.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 5 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 6 We are acting to stop low-quality housing being built in Haringey
- 7 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
Were you affected by the fire? Contact the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org