Coronavirus: Whittington Health launch crowdfunding drive to support staff wellbeing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Whittington Health NHS Trust has launched a crowdfunding page to help provide support to its staff who are fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
The Archway hospital trust, given a “good” CQC rating last week, has created the page for public donations to its staff during the fight against the virus.
Tony Rice, chair of the trust’s charitable funds said: “Our staff are currently working around the clock to ensure that all of our patients, including those with Covid-19 receive the safe, effective and compassionate care. This means having to work longer shifts than usual and additional pressure and stress.
“We want to use the money donated to provide the little comforts that our staff have told us would make their lives easier during this challenging time. For example we could look to hire a massage therapist to come and provide short relaxation sessions for staff to take advantage of during their precious rest breaks. Ultimately, the more that we can raise the more support and comfort we can provide. We are so grateful for all of the public’s support.”
As the hospital’s efforts to take on coronavirus began, we spoke to Dr Maria Goddard, a GP there, about how services had transformed and how to help rough sleepers during the epidemic.
And some have already been making hospital staff feel special - one mysterious benefactor sent free pizza to emergency and intensive care staff.
Holloway Road restaurant Berto also donated 50 hot meals on Monday, while Dalston bakery The Dusty Knuckle took along bread.
To support the hospital crowdfunder, visit justgiving.com/campaign/supportwhittington.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead