Coronavirus: West Hampstead Tesco marks out social distancing zones on shopfloor
- Credit: Zoe Billingham
A West Hampstead Tesco has marked out social distancing measures on its shopfloor to protect customers from coronavirus.
Tesco Express in West End Lane is using black and yellow hazard tape to show customers how far apart they must stand while scouring the food-shy shelves.
According to government advice, people must stand two metres apart if out in public.
Zoe Billingham, a customer from Fortune Green, said: “The staff were charming - there was a gentleman meeting and greeting customers at the door with a smile and explaining how the social distancing should work.
“A good deal of effort had gone to marking up the floor with tape and printing signs to explain the initiative to customers.
You may also want to watch:
“Even though the shelves were a bit bare it felt like a safe and welcoming environment to be in.”
A Tesco spokesperson said: “To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for both our customers and colleagues, we will be introducing some distancing measures at the checkout and, to make it swifter, invite customers who can to pay by card.”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 4 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath