Coronavirus: West Hampstead Tesco marks out social distancing zones on shopfloor
- Credit: Zoe Billingham
A West Hampstead Tesco has marked out social distancing measures on its shopfloor to protect customers from coronavirus.
Tesco Express in West End Lane is using black and yellow hazard tape to show customers how far apart they must stand while scouring the food-shy shelves.
According to government advice, people must stand two metres apart if out in public.
Zoe Billingham, a customer from Fortune Green, said: “The staff were charming - there was a gentleman meeting and greeting customers at the door with a smile and explaining how the social distancing should work.
“A good deal of effort had gone to marking up the floor with tape and printing signs to explain the initiative to customers.
You may also want to watch:
“Even though the shelves were a bit bare it felt like a safe and welcoming environment to be in.”
A Tesco spokesperson said: “To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for both our customers and colleagues, we will be introducing some distancing measures at the checkout and, to make it swifter, invite customers who can to pay by card.”
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale