Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, the Ham&High is there with you
- Credit: Archant
At the Ham&high we want to tell you we’re there with you and we want to support the great work being done in the community.
I think it’s safe to say that as we looked forward into this new year, none of us expected to be where we are today.
You don’t need me to tell you that things are weird. You also don’t need me to tell you about the amazing work that NHS staff are doing in the most difficult of circumstances – although we’ll tell you that at every possible opportunity anyway.
What has been striking is the level of community spirit being shown across the country.
We have a difficult time ahead in many ways. It is going to be painful, and sometimes lonely, but we at the Ham&High want to say that, along with the local community, we are there with you.
Our team of journalists are scattered across the breadth of north London, working from front rooms, bedrooms and kitchens and we’ll be there until we are through this.
You may also want to watch:
We are here to give you the vital information you need about where we live, but also to shine a light on the great work so many people are doing.
Our newspaper and our website want to give a platform to groups in the community.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 7 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
We can’t cover everything, but we will do our best to serve our community. So let us know about the great things happening near you.
As well as reporting the news, we have launched a directory on the website with contact details for the groups and organisations, old and new, that we need so much right now. Search “There With You: Essential list” on our website, and to get your group added, email reporter firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the directory.
I wish everyone well. Take care of yourselves.
We are There With You:
For the latest coronavirus health advice from the NHS, go to 111.nhs.uk/covid-19.
Our directory of community organisations and groups, helping people during the coronavirus outbreak can be found www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-there-with-you-groups-and-organisations-1-6576253
Join our Facebook group for updates and discussion on coronavirus in north London.