Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, the Ham&High is there with you
- Credit: Archant
At the Ham&high we want to tell you we’re there with you and we want to support the great work being done in the community.
I think it’s safe to say that as we looked forward into this new year, none of us expected to be where we are today.
You don’t need me to tell you that things are weird. You also don’t need me to tell you about the amazing work that NHS staff are doing in the most difficult of circumstances – although we’ll tell you that at every possible opportunity anyway.
What has been striking is the level of community spirit being shown across the country.
We have a difficult time ahead in many ways. It is going to be painful, and sometimes lonely, but we at the Ham&High want to say that, along with the local community, we are there with you.
Our team of journalists are scattered across the breadth of north London, working from front rooms, bedrooms and kitchens and we’ll be there until we are through this.
You may also want to watch:
We are here to give you the vital information you need about where we live, but also to shine a light on the great work so many people are doing.
Our newspaper and our website want to give a platform to groups in the community.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 10 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
We can’t cover everything, but we will do our best to serve our community. So let us know about the great things happening near you.
As well as reporting the news, we have launched a directory on the website with contact details for the groups and organisations, old and new, that we need so much right now. Search “There With You: Essential list” on our website, and to get your group added, email reporter email@example.com and we will update the directory.
I wish everyone well. Take care of yourselves.
We are There With You:
For the latest coronavirus health advice from the NHS, go to 111.nhs.uk/covid-19.
Our directory of community organisations and groups, helping people during the coronavirus outbreak can be found www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-there-with-you-groups-and-organisations-1-6576253
Join our Facebook group for updates and discussion on coronavirus in north London.