Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, the Ham&High is there with you
- Credit: Archant
At the Ham&high we want to tell you we’re there with you and we want to support the great work being done in the community.
I think it’s safe to say that as we looked forward into this new year, none of us expected to be where we are today.
You don’t need me to tell you that things are weird. You also don’t need me to tell you about the amazing work that NHS staff are doing in the most difficult of circumstances – although we’ll tell you that at every possible opportunity anyway.
What has been striking is the level of community spirit being shown across the country.
We have a difficult time ahead in many ways. It is going to be painful, and sometimes lonely, but we at the Ham&High want to say that, along with the local community, we are there with you.
Our team of journalists are scattered across the breadth of north London, working from front rooms, bedrooms and kitchens and we’ll be there until we are through this.
We are here to give you the vital information you need about where we live, but also to shine a light on the great work so many people are doing.
Our newspaper and our website want to give a platform to groups in the community.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 7 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 8 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 9 Five bedroom Arts and Crafts style house with landscaped garden in Muswell Hill/East Finchley borders
- 10 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
We can’t cover everything, but we will do our best to serve our community. So let us know about the great things happening near you.
As well as reporting the news, we have launched a directory on the website with contact details for the groups and organisations, old and new, that we need so much right now. Search “There With You: Essential list” on our website, and to get your group added, email reporter email@example.com and we will update the directory.
I wish everyone well. Take care of yourselves.
We are There With You:
For the latest coronavirus health advice from the NHS, go to 111.nhs.uk/covid-19.
Our directory of community organisations and groups, helping people during the coronavirus outbreak can be found www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-there-with-you-groups-and-organisations-1-6576253
Join our Facebook group for updates and discussion on coronavirus in north London.