Coronavirus death: Long-serving Highgate Mental Health Centre ward manager passes away after contracting Covid-19
- Credit: PA
One of the longest-serving members of staff at Highgate Mental Health Centre has died after contracting Covid-19.
Andy Costa devoted 26 years to the NHS, most recently working as a ward manager at centre which is managed by the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust.
Mr Costa died on April 9.
The NHS trust paid tribute to his “diligence and loyalty”.
A spokesperson for the trust said: “Andy was a highly respected, conscientious and long-serving colleague who had worked at Highgate Mental Health Centre since it opened 15 years ago.”
Prior to that, Mr Costa had worked on Elizabeth Torrance Ward in the nearby Waterlow Unit, which was formerly part of the Whittington Hospital estate.
The spokeswoman added: “Andy’s 26 years of diligence and loyalty to Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust were honoured with a long service award only last summer at a special tea party at the Irish Centre in Camden.
- 1 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 2 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 3 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 4 Elton John rockets through career-spanning show at BST Hyde Park
- 5 Paddling pool to be open all week after pipes replaced
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 8 Herbie Hancock: Still going strong at 82
- 9 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 10 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
“Andy will be very much missed by us all, especially by his many colleagues and friends in the ward, administration and domestic staff areas at Highgate Mental Health Centre.
“Our deepest sympathies go to his family and friends.”
Are you an Ham&High reader who’s lost a loved one to Covid-19? If you’d like to pay tribute to them in the paper contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785 616237 or Sam.Volpe@archant.co.uk