Coronavirus case confirmed in Finchley and Golders Green, MP says
- Credit: PA
According to Mike Freer MP, there has beeen a confirmed case of coronavirus in his Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Mr Freer posted on Facebook on Wednesday night saying: "Constituents will be understandably worried to hear of a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the constituency."
He also pointed the public to the online advice available from the NHS and Public Health England here.
As of Wednesday evening there had been 87 confirmed cases of the virus in the UK.
England's chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty is due to appear before the government's Health and Social Care Committee while the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), which is chaired by the Government's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance, is also meeting on Thursday to discuss the situation.
At this stage no more is known about the particular case in north London.
You may also want to watch:
A number of patients suffering from coronavirus have been treated at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Huge relief': Golders Green care home celebrates booster rollout
- 6 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate