Coronavirus case confirmed in Finchley and Golders Green, MP says
- Credit: PA
According to Mike Freer MP, there has beeen a confirmed case of coronavirus in his Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Mr Freer posted on Facebook on Wednesday night saying: "Constituents will be understandably worried to hear of a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the constituency."
He also pointed the public to the online advice available from the NHS and Public Health England here.
As of Wednesday evening there had been 87 confirmed cases of the virus in the UK.
England's chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty is due to appear before the government's Health and Social Care Committee while the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), which is chaired by the Government's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance, is also meeting on Thursday to discuss the situation.
At this stage no more is known about the particular case in north London.
You may also want to watch:
A number of patients suffering from coronavirus have been treated at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'