Coronavirus case confirmed in Finchley and Golders Green, MP says
- Credit: PA
According to Mike Freer MP, there has beeen a confirmed case of coronavirus in his Finchley and Golders Green constituency.
Mr Freer posted on Facebook on Wednesday night saying: "Constituents will be understandably worried to hear of a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the constituency."
He also pointed the public to the online advice available from the NHS and Public Health England here.
As of Wednesday evening there had been 87 confirmed cases of the virus in the UK.
England's chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty is due to appear before the government's Health and Social Care Committee while the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), which is chaired by the Government's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance, is also meeting on Thursday to discuss the situation.
At this stage no more is known about the particular case in north London.
You may also want to watch:
A number of patients suffering from coronavirus have been treated at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 8 Protests over Highgate housing plan but council moves to reassure locals
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds raised for St John’s Wood shop wrecked by flooding