There With You: Belsize Budgens looking to boost staff and volunteers to help coronavirus delivery service
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Thornton’s Budgens in Belsize Park is appealing for help staffing its emergency delivery service during the coronavirus crisis.
After launching the shop-by-phone service at the outset of the pandemic, the local supermarket is now looking to recruit volunteers to bolster the service.
The shop is also looking to hire paid shelf-fillers to help alleviate the pressure on its existing team-members.
Manager Andrew Thornton said: “We are in ever more need for volunteers to keep our operation going. As more and more of our team go down with illnesses and are being asked to self-isolate, keeping our basic operation going is becoming more and more challenging.”
The shop is also looking for someone who can manage the volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers who would like a shelf-filling role will also be considered –with their wages being donated to the shop’s food bank fund.
If you’re interested in volunteering contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you’d like to apply for a shelf filler role send a cv to email@example.com.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue