There With You: Belsize Budgens looking to boost staff and volunteers to help coronavirus delivery service
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Thornton’s Budgens in Belsize Park is appealing for help staffing its emergency delivery service during the coronavirus crisis.
After launching the shop-by-phone service at the outset of the pandemic, the local supermarket is now looking to recruit volunteers to bolster the service.
The shop is also looking to hire paid shelf-fillers to help alleviate the pressure on its existing team-members.
Manager Andrew Thornton said: “We are in ever more need for volunteers to keep our operation going. As more and more of our team go down with illnesses and are being asked to self-isolate, keeping our basic operation going is becoming more and more challenging.”
The shop is also looking for someone who can manage the volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers who would like a shelf-filling role will also be considered –with their wages being donated to the shop’s food bank fund.
If you’re interested in volunteering contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you’d like to apply for a shelf filler role send a cv to email@example.com.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar