There With You: Belsize Budgens looking to boost staff and volunteers to help coronavirus delivery service
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Thornton’s Budgens in Belsize Park is appealing for help staffing its emergency delivery service during the coronavirus crisis.
After launching the shop-by-phone service at the outset of the pandemic, the local supermarket is now looking to recruit volunteers to bolster the service.
The shop is also looking to hire paid shelf-fillers to help alleviate the pressure on its existing team-members.
Manager Andrew Thornton said: “We are in ever more need for volunteers to keep our operation going. As more and more of our team go down with illnesses and are being asked to self-isolate, keeping our basic operation going is becoming more and more challenging.”
The shop is also looking for someone who can manage the volunteers.
Volunteers who would like a shelf-filling role will also be considered –with their wages being donated to the shop’s food bank fund.
If you’re interested in volunteering contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you’d like to apply for a shelf filler role send a cv to email@example.com.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club