There With You: Belsize Budgens looking to boost staff and volunteers to help coronavirus delivery service
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Thornton’s Budgens in Belsize Park is appealing for help staffing its emergency delivery service during the coronavirus crisis.
After launching the shop-by-phone service at the outset of the pandemic, the local supermarket is now looking to recruit volunteers to bolster the service.
The shop is also looking to hire paid shelf-fillers to help alleviate the pressure on its existing team-members.
Manager Andrew Thornton said: “We are in ever more need for volunteers to keep our operation going. As more and more of our team go down with illnesses and are being asked to self-isolate, keeping our basic operation going is becoming more and more challenging.”
The shop is also looking for someone who can manage the volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers who would like a shelf-filling role will also be considered –with their wages being donated to the shop’s food bank fund.
If you’re interested in volunteering contact email@example.com, and if you’d like to apply for a shelf filler role send a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'