Camden Giving thanks donors with artwork after its coronavirus fund raises more than £200,000
- Credit: Archant
A Camden charity is thanking the “incredible goodwill and kindess” of the borough after it received more than £200,000 from its coronavirus fundraiser.
Camden Giving, based in Buck Street, has seen its Covid-19 fund - started on March 20 - support 29 grassroots initiatives including ‘happiness hampers’ for low-income families and technology support for the elderly.
On May 5, as part of the global Giving Tuesday event, Camden Giving is thanking more than 120 donors to its coronavirus fund by giving them a piece of artwork by designer Wayne Hemingway.
Natasha Friend, Camden Giving director, said: “Neighbours supporting neighbours at a time of uncertainty is a powerful, inspiring act.
“We want to bring people in Camden together on Giving Tuesday by sharing our gratitude and giving back to them something.”
You may also want to watch:
Camden residents helped decide where and how the proceeds of the fundraiser were distributed.
One of these helpers, Ranya, 18, said: “It becomes even more vital that a community sticks together and stay a community.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United
“Of course, this becomes harder when we’re all locking ourselves away, but that shouldn’t and doesn’t demean our abilities to help each other out; the money distributed will ensure that the vital work that is being done will still be funded.”
Fore more information on Giving Tusday and the fundraiser visit www.camdengiving.org.uk/givingtuesdaynow