Local heroes: Camden home care provider ‘proud’ of ‘brave’ staff
- Credit: Archant
A Camden home care provider says it is “proud” of its staff working around the clock during the coronavirus pandemic.
Bluebird Care Camden & Hampstead (BCCH) - along with care operators across the country - have faced enormous challenges to support isolated clients during lockdown.
Office staff have been required in some instances to provide emergency care overnight at people’s homes and the care provider is working with the NHS to help free up its hospital beds.
BCCH director George Morris said: “I am so proud of the whole team, they have adapted so quickly and are working extra hard to ensure we are minimising all risk to customer safety and helping to reduce some pressure on our amazing health care service.”
A client’s wife said: “I am so impressed with the resilience and bravery of your carers during these scary times.
You may also want to watch:
“They are unwavering in the support of my husband and continue to impress on a daily basis.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 8 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action