Local heroes: Camden home care provider ‘proud’ of ‘brave’ staff
- Credit: Archant
A Camden home care provider says it is “proud” of its staff working around the clock during the coronavirus pandemic.
Bluebird Care Camden & Hampstead (BCCH) - along with care operators across the country - have faced enormous challenges to support isolated clients during lockdown.
Office staff have been required in some instances to provide emergency care overnight at people’s homes and the care provider is working with the NHS to help free up its hospital beds.
BCCH director George Morris said: “I am so proud of the whole team, they have adapted so quickly and are working extra hard to ensure we are minimising all risk to customer safety and helping to reduce some pressure on our amazing health care service.”
A client’s wife said: “I am so impressed with the resilience and bravery of your carers during these scary times.
You may also want to watch:
“They are unwavering in the support of my husband and continue to impress on a daily basis.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?