Appeal to honour 70 Whittington heroes who ‘go the extra mile’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Do you know a “hero” associated with Whittington Hospital or one of its community services?
Whittington Health is planning to honour 70 people who have made a “heroic” contribution over the past 70 years.
It’s part of the 70th anniversary celebrations of the National Health Service, and the health trust is asking the public to make nominations.
They can include current or former staff, volunteers, patients, relatives and members of the community.
CEO Siobhan Harrington said: “All of our staff and volunteers are everyday heroes who work tirelessly to care and support our patients.
You may also want to watch:
“But there will always be some people who go the extra mile. Who show even more care, who have done something small or big which has made a huge difference to our patients. We want to find those people.”
The top 70 will be announced at a Whittington open day on July 5, the anniversary date. Nominations are open until June 18. Visit whittington.nhs.uk/70
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing