Appeal to honour 70 Whittington heroes who ‘go the extra mile’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Do you know a “hero” associated with Whittington Hospital or one of its community services?
Whittington Health is planning to honour 70 people who have made a “heroic” contribution over the past 70 years.
It’s part of the 70th anniversary celebrations of the National Health Service, and the health trust is asking the public to make nominations.
They can include current or former staff, volunteers, patients, relatives and members of the community.
CEO Siobhan Harrington said: “All of our staff and volunteers are everyday heroes who work tirelessly to care and support our patients.
You may also want to watch:
“But there will always be some people who go the extra mile. Who show even more care, who have done something small or big which has made a huge difference to our patients. We want to find those people.”
The top 70 will be announced at a Whittington open day on July 5, the anniversary date. Nominations are open until June 18. Visit whittington.nhs.uk/70
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley