Appeal to honour 70 Whittington heroes who ‘go the extra mile’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Do you know a “hero” associated with Whittington Hospital or one of its community services?
Whittington Health is planning to honour 70 people who have made a “heroic” contribution over the past 70 years.
It’s part of the 70th anniversary celebrations of the National Health Service, and the health trust is asking the public to make nominations.
They can include current or former staff, volunteers, patients, relatives and members of the community.
CEO Siobhan Harrington said: “All of our staff and volunteers are everyday heroes who work tirelessly to care and support our patients.
You may also want to watch:
“But there will always be some people who go the extra mile. Who show even more care, who have done something small or big which has made a huge difference to our patients. We want to find those people.”
The top 70 will be announced at a Whittington open day on July 5, the anniversary date. Nominations are open until June 18. Visit whittington.nhs.uk/70
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
- 10 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police