Appeal to honour 70 Whittington heroes who ‘go the extra mile’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Do you know a “hero” associated with Whittington Hospital or one of its community services?
Whittington Health is planning to honour 70 people who have made a “heroic” contribution over the past 70 years.
It’s part of the 70th anniversary celebrations of the National Health Service, and the health trust is asking the public to make nominations.
They can include current or former staff, volunteers, patients, relatives and members of the community.
CEO Siobhan Harrington said: “All of our staff and volunteers are everyday heroes who work tirelessly to care and support our patients.
You may also want to watch:
“But there will always be some people who go the extra mile. Who show even more care, who have done something small or big which has made a huge difference to our patients. We want to find those people.”
The top 70 will be announced at a Whittington open day on July 5, the anniversary date. Nominations are open until June 18. Visit whittington.nhs.uk/70
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing