'Thoughtless' Haverstock Hill partygoers fined for Covid breach
- Credit: Met Police
A group of 20 “thoughtless” partygoers have been fined for breaking tier 4 Covid rules.
Police have released bodycam footage of revellers inside a restaurant basement in Haverstock Hill on December 27, whose actions they labelled “selfish” and a threat to public health.
The party took place in Belsize restaurant Brazil Grill and the group was made up of 10 men and 10 women – each of whom were issued fixed penalty notices of £200.
Met Police inspector Alex Hope-Rollinson said: “To date, over 70,000 people in the UK have been lost to coronavirus.
“Breaches of coronavirus regulations such as these are selfish, thoughtless and ultimately put the safety and health of our community at serious risk.
You may also want to watch:
“I implore individuals to make themselves familiar with the Tier 4 rules and absolutely avoid attending any gatherings which are in breach of those rule – it is vital that we work together to avoid overwhelming our NHS in the coming months.”
Police were called to 58 unlicensed parties on New Year’s Eve, with approximately 217 people issued fixed penalty notices.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
Brazil Grill has been contacted for comment.