'Thoughtless' Haverstock Hill partygoers fined for Covid breach
- Credit: Met Police
A group of 20 “thoughtless” partygoers have been fined for breaking tier 4 Covid rules.
Police have released bodycam footage of revellers inside a restaurant basement in Haverstock Hill on December 27, whose actions they labelled “selfish” and a threat to public health.
The party took place in Belsize restaurant Brazil Grill and the group was made up of 10 men and 10 women – each of whom were issued fixed penalty notices of £200.
Met Police inspector Alex Hope-Rollinson said: “To date, over 70,000 people in the UK have been lost to coronavirus.
“Breaches of coronavirus regulations such as these are selfish, thoughtless and ultimately put the safety and health of our community at serious risk.
You may also want to watch:
“I implore individuals to make themselves familiar with the Tier 4 rules and absolutely avoid attending any gatherings which are in breach of those rule – it is vital that we work together to avoid overwhelming our NHS in the coming months.”
Police were called to 58 unlicensed parties on New Year’s Eve, with approximately 217 people issued fixed penalty notices.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
Brazil Grill has been contacted for comment.