'Thoughtless' Haverstock Hill partygoers fined for Covid breach
- Credit: Met Police
A group of 20 “thoughtless” partygoers have been fined for breaking tier 4 Covid rules.
Police have released bodycam footage of revellers inside a restaurant basement in Haverstock Hill on December 27, whose actions they labelled “selfish” and a threat to public health.
The party took place in Belsize restaurant Brazil Grill and the group was made up of 10 men and 10 women – each of whom were issued fixed penalty notices of £200.
Met Police inspector Alex Hope-Rollinson said: “To date, over 70,000 people in the UK have been lost to coronavirus.
“Breaches of coronavirus regulations such as these are selfish, thoughtless and ultimately put the safety and health of our community at serious risk.
“I implore individuals to make themselves familiar with the Tier 4 rules and absolutely avoid attending any gatherings which are in breach of those rule – it is vital that we work together to avoid overwhelming our NHS in the coming months.”
Police were called to 58 unlicensed parties on New Year’s Eve, with approximately 217 people issued fixed penalty notices.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
Brazil Grill has been contacted for comment.