Harry's Tottenham history goes back 50 years
It seems Harry Redknapp s links to Tottenham go back a long way – 50 years to be precise. The club s latest manager has fond childhood memories of the place. I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the yea
It seems Harry Redknapp's links to Tottenham go back a long way - 50 years to be precise. The club's latest manager has fond childhood memories of the place.
"I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the years. I followed Tottenham, I trained there as an 11-year-old, 12-year-old so I know the history of the club. It is a big, big, club."
Redknapp says his move to White Hart Lane is his final chance to manage a 'big' club before he retires.
But as yet it remains unclear as to who will be working wihtt hiem
You may also want to watch:
Redknapp said first-team coach Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, the assistant manager, would be in charge of Portsmouth for Sunday's match against Fulham at Fratton Park.
And he said he has no plans to bring the pair to White Hart Lane with him.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
"Tony is an Arsenal man, and he wouldn't be a Tottenham man at all," Redknapp said.
"Joe Jordan has been fantastic for me and I would always be pleased to have him with me anywhere.
"But he is at Portsmouth at the moment and it is up to him and the club to see what will happen in the future.