Harry's Tottenham history goes back 50 years
It seems Harry Redknapp s links to Tottenham go back a long way – 50 years to be precise. The club s latest manager has fond childhood memories of the place. I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the yea
It seems Harry Redknapp's links to Tottenham go back a long way - 50 years to be precise. The club's latest manager has fond childhood memories of the place.
"I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the years. I followed Tottenham, I trained there as an 11-year-old, 12-year-old so I know the history of the club. It is a big, big, club."
Redknapp says his move to White Hart Lane is his final chance to manage a 'big' club before he retires.
But as yet it remains unclear as to who will be working wihtt hiem
You may also want to watch:
Redknapp said first-team coach Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, the assistant manager, would be in charge of Portsmouth for Sunday's match against Fulham at Fratton Park.
And he said he has no plans to bring the pair to White Hart Lane with him.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
"Tony is an Arsenal man, and he wouldn't be a Tottenham man at all," Redknapp said.
"Joe Jordan has been fantastic for me and I would always be pleased to have him with me anywhere.
"But he is at Portsmouth at the moment and it is up to him and the club to see what will happen in the future.