Harry's Tottenham history goes back 50 years
It seems Harry Redknapp s links to Tottenham go back a long way – 50 years to be precise. The club s latest manager has fond childhood memories of the place. I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the yea
It seems Harry Redknapp's links to Tottenham go back a long way - 50 years to be precise. The club's latest manager has fond childhood memories of the place.
"I am a big follower of the history of the game and Tottenham have been a great club over the years. I followed Tottenham, I trained there as an 11-year-old, 12-year-old so I know the history of the club. It is a big, big, club."
Redknapp says his move to White Hart Lane is his final chance to manage a 'big' club before he retires.
But as yet it remains unclear as to who will be working wihtt hiem
Redknapp said first-team coach Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, the assistant manager, would be in charge of Portsmouth for Sunday's match against Fulham at Fratton Park.
And he said he has no plans to bring the pair to White Hart Lane with him.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 9 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 10 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
"Tony is an Arsenal man, and he wouldn't be a Tottenham man at all," Redknapp said.
"Joe Jordan has been fantastic for me and I would always be pleased to have him with me anywhere.
"But he is at Portsmouth at the moment and it is up to him and the club to see what will happen in the future.