HARRY'S GAME: Patience was a virtue in victory over Hammers
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST WEST HAM: It was never going to be easy. They were strong at the back and had good protection in front of them, so it was always going to be a case of being patient. I said at half-time what we didn t want to do is have both f
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST WEST HAM: "It was never going to be easy. They were strong at the back and had good protection in front of them, so it was always going to be a case of being patient.
"I said at half-time what we didn't want to do is have both full-backs bombing on at the same time with two midfielders charging forward and then get hit on the counter.
"We had to be patient, work balls into feet around the box and not just hang crosses up there because [James] Collins and [Matthew] Upson would have headed them away all day."
ON THE FUTURE OF ROMAN PAVLYUCHENKO: "Of course I want Pav to stay. I want to keep all my best players. He is starting to understand what I require. His home form has been very good. We got the ball into Pav's feet [on Saturday], he spun and that's how we got the goal.
You may also want to watch:
"I knew when I brought him on that he was capable of doing something special and he did that. Technically, he is a top-class player. I just think at times it's getting that extra bit of work out of him. Sometimes he gets brushed off too easily and has to work harder for the team."
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots