HARRY'S GAME: Patience was a virtue in victory over Hammers
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST WEST HAM: It was never going to be easy. They were strong at the back and had good protection in front of them, so it was always going to be a case of being patient. I said at half-time what we didn t want to do is have both f
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST WEST HAM: "It was never going to be easy. They were strong at the back and had good protection in front of them, so it was always going to be a case of being patient.
"I said at half-time what we didn't want to do is have both full-backs bombing on at the same time with two midfielders charging forward and then get hit on the counter.
"We had to be patient, work balls into feet around the box and not just hang crosses up there because [James] Collins and [Matthew] Upson would have headed them away all day."
ON THE FUTURE OF ROMAN PAVLYUCHENKO: "Of course I want Pav to stay. I want to keep all my best players. He is starting to understand what I require. His home form has been very good. We got the ball into Pav's feet [on Saturday], he spun and that's how we got the goal.
You may also want to watch:
"I knew when I brought him on that he was capable of doing something special and he did that. Technically, he is a top-class player. I just think at times it's getting that extra bit of work out of him. Sometimes he gets brushed off too easily and has to work harder for the team."
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden