Harry Potter and Downton Abbey stars join England internationals at Hampstead Cricket Club’s celebrity match
- Credit: Archant
Stars of Harry Potter and Downton Abbey were joined by ex-England internationals at a cricket club’s annual celebrity fundraiser.
Hampstead Cricket Club, in Lymington Road, West Hampstead, raised £1,300 at the season finale event on Sunday, despite some wet weather.
Now in its fifth year, the match was organised by Downton Abbey star and club chairman Jim Carter.
He was joined by his wife Imelda Staunton and her fellow Harry Potter star Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy, as well as Downton Abbey colleague Allen Leech – who Mr Carter said was “not much of a cricketer but good fun”.
The sporting celebrities included former England internationals John Emburey and Robert Key, current England women’s team player Danielle Wyatt and Sky Sports commentator Matt Floyd.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter, who lives in West Hampstead, said: “It was a nice event – it’s as near as you can get to a village fete in the heart of London, all our neighbours come as well.
“Everyone was huddled on the boundary despite the weather and it was a great atmosphere. The Dunkirk spirit kicked in.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close