Harry Potter and Downton Abbey stars join England internationals at Hampstead Cricket Club’s celebrity match
- Credit: Archant
Stars of Harry Potter and Downton Abbey were joined by ex-England internationals at a cricket club’s annual celebrity fundraiser.
Hampstead Cricket Club, in Lymington Road, West Hampstead, raised £1,300 at the season finale event on Sunday, despite some wet weather.
Now in its fifth year, the match was organised by Downton Abbey star and club chairman Jim Carter.
He was joined by his wife Imelda Staunton and her fellow Harry Potter star Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy, as well as Downton Abbey colleague Allen Leech – who Mr Carter said was “not much of a cricketer but good fun”.
The sporting celebrities included former England internationals John Emburey and Robert Key, current England women’s team player Danielle Wyatt and Sky Sports commentator Matt Floyd.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter, who lives in West Hampstead, said: “It was a nice event – it’s as near as you can get to a village fete in the heart of London, all our neighbours come as well.
“Everyone was huddled on the boundary despite the weather and it was a great atmosphere. The Dunkirk spirit kicked in.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged