Harry Potter and Downton Abbey stars join England internationals at Hampstead Cricket Club’s celebrity match
- Credit: Archant
Stars of Harry Potter and Downton Abbey were joined by ex-England internationals at a cricket club’s annual celebrity fundraiser.
Hampstead Cricket Club, in Lymington Road, West Hampstead, raised £1,300 at the season finale event on Sunday, despite some wet weather.
Now in its fifth year, the match was organised by Downton Abbey star and club chairman Jim Carter.
He was joined by his wife Imelda Staunton and her fellow Harry Potter star Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy, as well as Downton Abbey colleague Allen Leech – who Mr Carter said was “not much of a cricketer but good fun”.
The sporting celebrities included former England internationals John Emburey and Robert Key, current England women’s team player Danielle Wyatt and Sky Sports commentator Matt Floyd.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Carter, who lives in West Hampstead, said: “It was a nice event – it’s as near as you can get to a village fete in the heart of London, all our neighbours come as well.
“Everyone was huddled on the boundary despite the weather and it was a great atmosphere. The Dunkirk spirit kicked in.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour