Harry Enfield and chums Ben Miller, Sarah Alexander and Peppa Pig voice actress Morwenna Banks read poetry in aid of Save the Children in Primrose Hill
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Harry Enfield and his famous chums got together to read a selection of children’s poetry to a captivated audience in Primrose Hill on Saturday.
Ben Miller, of double act Armstrong and Miller and Peppa Pig star Morwenna Banks teamed up with Harry to read poems at children’s clothes shop Ilovegorgeous, in Regent’s Park Road, owned by his wife Lucy Lyster, on Saturday morning.
Sarah Alexander, of Armstrong and Miller’s sketch show, and Coupling actress Gina Bellman also joined in to raise money for children’s charity Save the Children.
Harry, whose Television Programme was later retitled Harry Enfield and Chums, said: “I’ve been knocking about Primrose Hill for the past quarter of a century and I’m a keen fan of all things to do with local literature, from the community library to Alan Bennett wobbling around on his bike.”
The comedian, whose alter-egos include Kevin the Teenager and Loadsamoney, added: “The poetry event was a natural choice, being in aid of Save the Children, and the venue is this super shop owned by my wife.”
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Widdicombe, spokesman for Ilovegorgeous, said: “As we are new to the area, we thought it would be nice to do something community-orientated.”
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate