Harrow Road murder was a case of mistaken identity
THE family of a 22-year-old electrician shot dead on Harrow Road have spoken out for the first time since the killing. Daniel Omari Smith was killed with a single bullet as he left Kentucky Fried Chicken on Harrow Road last Saturday night. In a statement
THE grief-stricken family of a 22-year-old electrician shot dead on Harrow Road have spoken out for the first time since his killing.
Daniel Omari Smith was killed with a single bullet as he left Kentucky Fried Chicken on Harrow Road last Saturday night.
In a statement released today, his family branded the murder as an act of "evil cowardice" and said his death had "devastated and disorganised the foundation" of their lives.
Meanwhile, detective Chief Inspector John Crossley, of the Metropolitan Police's Trident team, leading the investigation, has revealed that the murder was a "case of mistaken identity".
You may also want to watch:
"Daniel was a hard-working young family man, who was an innocent victim of gun crime," he said.
"We know there were members of the public present in the area and would strongly urge to come forward to speak to us. We really need the community's help to find the perpetrator/s and get justice for Daniel's family."
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
Police were originally called at around 12.15am on Saturday to reports of a man shot in Harrow Road, near the junction with Sutherland Avenue, Maida Vale.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and found Mr Smith suffering from a gunshot wound. He was treated at the scene but died at 12.53am
Mr Smith lived with his mother and two sisters in the Queen's Park area.
A post-mortem examination held at City of Westminster mortuary on Saturday gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound.
For the full story read the Wood&Vale tomorrow.