Harley Street dentist lands himself a massive client
A DENTIST from London Zoo couldn t monkey around on his latest assignment – tending to the toothache of a rather large gorilla. Peter Kertesz – who runs a dental practice on Harley Street in central London and also helps out at Regent s Park Zoo – normall
A DENTIST from London Zoo couldn't monkey around on his latest assignment - tending to the toothache of a rather large gorilla.
Peter Kertesz - who runs a dental practice on Harley Street in central London and also helps out at Regent's Park Zoo - normally tends to the molars of millionaires but was asked to operate on Pertinax the silverback in Paignton Zoo, Devon.
The 28-stone animal had to be sedated while Dr Kertesz took two hours to remove the three-inch root of a broken canine.
He was called in because he is one of a handful of specialist animal dentists in the world, and was the only hope for Pertinax's throbbing toothache.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kertesz said: "Animals or people, it's all the same - they need treatment, they get treatment. The scale is what varies, and the location. It is all about teamwork.
"People ask if this is just a bit of fun, but it is a very serious business - the health and sometimes the life of a rare creature is placed in your hands.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Teacher weaves seven-year tapestry of periodic table