Harley Street dentist lands himself a massive client
A DENTIST from London Zoo couldn t monkey around on his latest assignment – tending to the toothache of a rather large gorilla. Peter Kertesz – who runs a dental practice on Harley Street in central London and also helps out at Regent s Park Zoo – normall
A DENTIST from London Zoo couldn't monkey around on his latest assignment - tending to the toothache of a rather large gorilla.
Peter Kertesz - who runs a dental practice on Harley Street in central London and also helps out at Regent's Park Zoo - normally tends to the molars of millionaires but was asked to operate on Pertinax the silverback in Paignton Zoo, Devon.
The 28-stone animal had to be sedated while Dr Kertesz took two hours to remove the three-inch root of a broken canine.
He was called in because he is one of a handful of specialist animal dentists in the world, and was the only hope for Pertinax's throbbing toothache.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kertesz said: "Animals or people, it's all the same - they need treatment, they get treatment. The scale is what varies, and the location. It is all about teamwork.
"People ask if this is just a bit of fun, but it is a very serious business - the health and sometimes the life of a rare creature is placed in your hands.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury