Haringey schools decision welcomed by MP
Haringey Council's decision to provide more school places in Alexandra ward from 2011 has been welcomed by MP Lynne Featherstone. The recommendation to be made at this week s Council Cabinet meeting proposes to carry out a formal consultation to exp
News that the Council will seek to provide more school places in Alexandra ward from 2011 has been welcomed by local Liberal Democrats. The recommendation to be made at this week's Council Cabinet meeting proposes to carry out a formal consultation to expand Rhodes Avenue Primary School to three-form entry. This will be good news for local families who have been beset with problems since 2007 when Liberal Democrats launched their campaign to combat the school place black hole.
Cllr Gail Engert, Liberal Democrat Children, Schools and Families spokesperson comments:
"I am very glad that the Council has decided to act on this longstanding issue and taken note of our campaign to help families in Alexandra ward who have really struggled to get their children local school places in the last two years.
"I hope as many parents as possible will respond to the consultation."
You may also want to watch:
Lynne Featherstone MP, adds:
"The recommendation to finally address the school places issue is very welcome. For too long a school places black hole in Alexandra ward made parents lives a misery. Hopefully this will mark an end to this shortfall."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17