Haringey schools decision welcomed by MP
Haringey Council's decision to provide more school places in Alexandra ward from 2011 has been welcomed by MP Lynne Featherstone. The recommendation to be made at this week s Council Cabinet meeting proposes to carry out a formal consultation to exp
News that the Council will seek to provide more school places in Alexandra ward from 2011 has been welcomed by local Liberal Democrats. The recommendation to be made at this week's Council Cabinet meeting proposes to carry out a formal consultation to expand Rhodes Avenue Primary School to three-form entry. This will be good news for local families who have been beset with problems since 2007 when Liberal Democrats launched their campaign to combat the school place black hole.
Cllr Gail Engert, Liberal Democrat Children, Schools and Families spokesperson comments:
"I am very glad that the Council has decided to act on this longstanding issue and taken note of our campaign to help families in Alexandra ward who have really struggled to get their children local school places in the last two years.
"I hope as many parents as possible will respond to the consultation."
Lynne Featherstone MP, adds:
"The recommendation to finally address the school places issue is very welcome. For too long a school places black hole in Alexandra ward made parents lives a misery. Hopefully this will mark an end to this shortfall."
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee