Pupils from at least four schools in Haringey west self-isolate after Covid-19 cases
- Credit: PA
Students from at least four schools in the west of Haringey have been self-isolating with confirmed or suspected cases of Covid-19.
Pupils from Highgate Wood, Campsbourne primary, Coldfall primary, and Alexandra Park School have all self-isolated in recent weeks, following government guidance.
Haringey Council said it is working closely with schools and parents across the borough by providing risk assessment workshops and improving social distancing through its Streetspace programme.
A full list of schools affected has not been published.
Two pupils have tested positive for coronavirus at Highgate Wood and one at Campsbourne, with students and staff assessed as having come into close contact with them now self-isolating.
One Coldfall pupil’s test was “inconclusive” but after the school discussed the case with the Department for Education it was decided their class should self-isolate.
Schools across the borough have introduced a number of safety measures including additional cleaning, staggered drop-off and pick-up times, one-way systems, and the allocation of pupils to particular ‘bubbles’.
Public health data for the week running to September 27 shows Haringey had a coronavirus case rate of 31 per 100,000 people, up marginally from 30 the previous week.
For the latest schools advice on Covid-19 click here.
- 1 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 2 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 3 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 6 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 7 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 8 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 9 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 10 CQC takes action against practice after dentist convicted of sexual offence