Haringey Rhinos give Cuffley too much of a head start
Haringey’s three-match winning run was ended by Herts/Middlesex Division Two newcomers Cuffley on Saturday, with the Rhinos giving their hosts too much of a head start before launching their second-half comeback.
Cuffley, who had been defeated in their two previous outings, scored 32 unanswered points in the first half, giving their visitors a mountain to climb.
But, after a team talk from head coach Craig Sweetlove at the interval, Haringey turned the tables and scored 22 points without reply.
Captain Owain Luckwell touched down twice and two other tries gave the Rhinos a bonus point, but they finished the contest 10 points in arrears and dropped from second to fourth in the table.
Nonetheless, the top five teams are only separated by four points so there will be all to play for when the league action resumes on November 19.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Haringey have been given a bye in the Junior Vase, meaning they are through to the last 16 after entering the competition at the preliminary stage.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 5 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 6 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots