Haringey photographer on shortlist to win national prize
- Credit: Archant
An amateur photographer from Haringey is in the running to win a photography competition.
Sam Conway, from Crouch End, entered Snaptrip’s summer photo competition and has reached the final ten.
Mr Conway, 28, submitted a photograph which he captured with his girlfriend, Mirei, when they visited wheat and lavender fields in Hitchin, Hertfordshire,
Speaking about his inspiration for the photo, the theatre director and performer said: ““As my partner is from Japan, I wanted to take her somewhere quintessentially British.
“She threw her hat up in the air for fun and I was so happy to capture the image at the perfect moment. I really feel it shows her sense of joy at being in the British countryside on a sunny summer’s day!”
Snaptrip, a last minute holiday rental provider, will select their victor from the remaining ten with the triumphant photographer winning an autumn getaway to Devon.
A full list of entries can be found at https://www.snaptrip.com/c/lifestyle/snaptripsummer-photo-competition-finalists/
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 4 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 9 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 10 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire