Haringey photographer on shortlist to win national prize
- Credit: Archant
An amateur photographer from Haringey is in the running to win a photography competition.
Sam Conway, from Crouch End, entered Snaptrip’s summer photo competition and has reached the final ten.
Mr Conway, 28, submitted a photograph which he captured with his girlfriend, Mirei, when they visited wheat and lavender fields in Hitchin, Hertfordshire,
Speaking about his inspiration for the photo, the theatre director and performer said: ““As my partner is from Japan, I wanted to take her somewhere quintessentially British.
“She threw her hat up in the air for fun and I was so happy to capture the image at the perfect moment. I really feel it shows her sense of joy at being in the British countryside on a sunny summer’s day!”
You may also want to watch:
Snaptrip, a last minute holiday rental provider, will select their victor from the remaining ten with the triumphant photographer winning an autumn getaway to Devon.
A full list of entries can be found at https://www.snaptrip.com/c/lifestyle/snaptripsummer-photo-competition-finalists/
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago