Haringey photographer on shortlist to win national prize
- Credit: Archant
An amateur photographer from Haringey is in the running to win a photography competition.
Sam Conway, from Crouch End, entered Snaptrip’s summer photo competition and has reached the final ten.
Mr Conway, 28, submitted a photograph which he captured with his girlfriend, Mirei, when they visited wheat and lavender fields in Hitchin, Hertfordshire,
Speaking about his inspiration for the photo, the theatre director and performer said: ““As my partner is from Japan, I wanted to take her somewhere quintessentially British.
“She threw her hat up in the air for fun and I was so happy to capture the image at the perfect moment. I really feel it shows her sense of joy at being in the British countryside on a sunny summer’s day!”
You may also want to watch:
Snaptrip, a last minute holiday rental provider, will select their victor from the remaining ten with the triumphant photographer winning an autumn getaway to Devon.
A full list of entries can be found at https://www.snaptrip.com/c/lifestyle/snaptripsummer-photo-competition-finalists/
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community