Haringey photographer on shortlist to win national prize
- Credit: Archant
An amateur photographer from Haringey is in the running to win a photography competition.
Sam Conway, from Crouch End, entered Snaptrip’s summer photo competition and has reached the final ten.
Mr Conway, 28, submitted a photograph which he captured with his girlfriend, Mirei, when they visited wheat and lavender fields in Hitchin, Hertfordshire,
Speaking about his inspiration for the photo, the theatre director and performer said: ““As my partner is from Japan, I wanted to take her somewhere quintessentially British.
“She threw her hat up in the air for fun and I was so happy to capture the image at the perfect moment. I really feel it shows her sense of joy at being in the British countryside on a sunny summer’s day!”
You may also want to watch:
Snaptrip, a last minute holiday rental provider, will select their victor from the remaining ten with the triumphant photographer winning an autumn getaway to Devon.
A full list of entries can be found at https://www.snaptrip.com/c/lifestyle/snaptripsummer-photo-competition-finalists/
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres