Haringey cabinet member responsible for vulnerable adults will leave role
- Credit: Archant
Three politicians responsible for key roles in Haringey look set to leave the cabinet in a reshuffle next week, a leaked document reveals.
Cllr Peter Morton, responsible for safeguarding adults and disabilities will not take on a cabinet position in the reshuffle, which will be debated by the council next week.
He said: “My wife and I are expecting our first baby and I want to focus on my family and my work for St Ann’s ward residents.”
Cllr Jason Arthur will be put forward for health and adult social care responsibilities, as well as keeping his role managing council finance, according to a leaked document seen by the Ham&High.
It is believed Cllr Ann Waters may leave her cabinet role which involves safeguarding children.
And the changes might mean Cllr Stuart McNamara no longer has cabinet responsibility for recycling.
If the provisional changes in the leaked documents are voted through, Cllr Elin Weston would become the cabinet member for children and families, Cllr Peray Ahmet the cabinet member for the environment, and Cllr Eugene Ayisi the cabinet member for communities.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 5 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 6 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 9 Gabriel Jesus solves Arsenal's striking conundrum
- 10 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
Any cabinet changes are subject to a debate by Haringey council on May 16.
Information on the proposed cabinet re-shuffle has not been officially confirmed and is subject to change.