Haringey cabinet member responsible for vulnerable adults will leave role
- Credit: Archant
Three politicians responsible for key roles in Haringey look set to leave the cabinet in a reshuffle next week, a leaked document reveals.
Cllr Peter Morton, responsible for safeguarding adults and disabilities will not take on a cabinet position in the reshuffle, which will be debated by the council next week.
He said: “My wife and I are expecting our first baby and I want to focus on my family and my work for St Ann’s ward residents.”
Cllr Jason Arthur will be put forward for health and adult social care responsibilities, as well as keeping his role managing council finance, according to a leaked document seen by the Ham&High.
It is believed Cllr Ann Waters may leave her cabinet role which involves safeguarding children.
You may also want to watch:
And the changes might mean Cllr Stuart McNamara no longer has cabinet responsibility for recycling.
If the provisional changes in the leaked documents are voted through, Cllr Elin Weston would become the cabinet member for children and families, Cllr Peray Ahmet the cabinet member for the environment, and Cllr Eugene Ayisi the cabinet member for communities.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
Any cabinet changes are subject to a debate by Haringey council on May 16.
Information on the proposed cabinet re-shuffle has not been officially confirmed and is subject to change.