Haringey cabinet member responsible for vulnerable adults will leave role
- Credit: Archant
Three politicians responsible for key roles in Haringey look set to leave the cabinet in a reshuffle next week, a leaked document reveals.
Cllr Peter Morton, responsible for safeguarding adults and disabilities will not take on a cabinet position in the reshuffle, which will be debated by the council next week.
He said: “My wife and I are expecting our first baby and I want to focus on my family and my work for St Ann’s ward residents.”
Cllr Jason Arthur will be put forward for health and adult social care responsibilities, as well as keeping his role managing council finance, according to a leaked document seen by the Ham&High.
It is believed Cllr Ann Waters may leave her cabinet role which involves safeguarding children.
You may also want to watch:
And the changes might mean Cllr Stuart McNamara no longer has cabinet responsibility for recycling.
If the provisional changes in the leaked documents are voted through, Cllr Elin Weston would become the cabinet member for children and families, Cllr Peray Ahmet the cabinet member for the environment, and Cllr Eugene Ayisi the cabinet member for communities.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Any cabinet changes are subject to a debate by Haringey council on May 16.
Information on the proposed cabinet re-shuffle has not been officially confirmed and is subject to change.