Haringey Borough hit 12 goals in rampant FA Women’s Cup victory
Haringey Borough Women strolled into the third qualifying round of the FA Women’s Cup on Sunday, beating Chelmsford City 12-0 at Coles Park.
Julia Carruthers struck twice in the first 15 minutes against Chelmsford United and Naomi Graham put Borough three goals up just before the break.
Klesha Darroux’s strike two minutes into the second half ended the match as a contest, and the floodgates then opened.
Six of the remaining goals came from second-half substitutes, with Anais Reynolds hitting a hat-trick, Anele Komani netting a brace and Shanice Nourrice grabbing a goal of her own, while Darroux got on the scoresheet for a second time and Roxanne Eshun was also on target.
Haringey will host Chichester City in the third qualifying round on Sunday October 9.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Borough’s men’s team went down 2-1 away against Bowers & Pitsea in Ryman League Division One North on Saturday.
Haringey’s Under-21 development team drew 2-2 against Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Monday evening, having led 2-0 at the interval.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 10 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill