Haringey Borough hit 12 goals in rampant FA Women’s Cup victory
Haringey Borough Women strolled into the third qualifying round of the FA Women’s Cup on Sunday, beating Chelmsford City 12-0 at Coles Park.
Julia Carruthers struck twice in the first 15 minutes against Chelmsford United and Naomi Graham put Borough three goals up just before the break.
Klesha Darroux’s strike two minutes into the second half ended the match as a contest, and the floodgates then opened.
Six of the remaining goals came from second-half substitutes, with Anais Reynolds hitting a hat-trick, Anele Komani netting a brace and Shanice Nourrice grabbing a goal of her own, while Darroux got on the scoresheet for a second time and Roxanne Eshun was also on target.
Haringey will host Chichester City in the third qualifying round on Sunday October 9.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Borough’s men’s team went down 2-1 away against Bowers & Pitsea in Ryman League Division One North on Saturday.
Haringey’s Under-21 development team drew 2-2 against Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Monday evening, having led 2-0 at the interval.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally