Haringey Borough hit 12 goals in rampant FA Women’s Cup victory
Haringey Borough Women strolled into the third qualifying round of the FA Women’s Cup on Sunday, beating Chelmsford City 12-0 at Coles Park.
Julia Carruthers struck twice in the first 15 minutes against Chelmsford United and Naomi Graham put Borough three goals up just before the break.
Klesha Darroux’s strike two minutes into the second half ended the match as a contest, and the floodgates then opened.
Six of the remaining goals came from second-half substitutes, with Anais Reynolds hitting a hat-trick, Anele Komani netting a brace and Shanice Nourrice grabbing a goal of her own, while Darroux got on the scoresheet for a second time and Roxanne Eshun was also on target.
Haringey will host Chichester City in the third qualifying round on Sunday October 9.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Borough’s men’s team went down 2-1 away against Bowers & Pitsea in Ryman League Division One North on Saturday.
Haringey’s Under-21 development team drew 2-2 against Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Monday evening, having led 2-0 at the interval.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics