Haringey Borough hit 12 goals in rampant FA Women’s Cup victory
Haringey Borough Women strolled into the third qualifying round of the FA Women’s Cup on Sunday, beating Chelmsford City 12-0 at Coles Park.
Julia Carruthers struck twice in the first 15 minutes against Chelmsford United and Naomi Graham put Borough three goals up just before the break.
Klesha Darroux’s strike two minutes into the second half ended the match as a contest, and the floodgates then opened.
Six of the remaining goals came from second-half substitutes, with Anais Reynolds hitting a hat-trick, Anele Komani netting a brace and Shanice Nourrice grabbing a goal of her own, while Darroux got on the scoresheet for a second time and Roxanne Eshun was also on target.
Haringey will host Chichester City in the third qualifying round on Sunday October 9.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Borough’s men’s team went down 2-1 away against Bowers & Pitsea in Ryman League Division One North on Saturday.
Haringey’s Under-21 development team drew 2-2 against Cray Wanderers at Coles Park on Monday evening, having led 2-0 at the interval.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes